Model Cars Magazine Forum

Richie Evans Pinto

streetdoc

I just put the 1972 Pinto modified on the workbench. (sorry no pictures yet) has anyone built this model as of yet? I have the DTR kit of the pinto and am gonna buy the correct decals when the time comes. I have been out of modeling for several years and this is the second one I have started in the last month or so. If anyone has any suggestions or can offer any ideas let me know.

Started one for a club project some time ago,do as much research as you can.Get the right shade of orange.Urban legand would have you believe he used paint from the Rome,NY DPW.In the very early years, he might have,but later on he got a little more sophisticated,and used paint from GM and Ford. Get the tires and wheels from PPP,and ACE decals,and you should be on your way.With the decal sheet you can build several car,get if you them while you can.Do your best,and don't worr about "know it alls" See a real car if you can,and pay attention to when he used Goodyears or Firestones.Good Luck and have fun,and a great Holiday Season! Bigkenny

Doc,if I do another one,which I may,I'd go with the Omaha Orange.With some of the pics you'll find that the sponsor name is over the wheel wells,others on the C-pillars,because of the way the Pinto body was cut.The kit body will have to modified if you want to run them over the wheel wells.The ACE decal package has some b/w photo guides.There were so many cars,no matter what you build,as long as it's Orange and #61,you'll be close.Round numbers,square numbers,and on and on.Bigkenny