Model Cars Magazine Forum

can anyone tell me anything about this model?

Corvette.Jeff

i bought thsi kit at a yard sale on the side of the road and had to have it, i was going to use it for parts for something else. untill my dad looked it up and found it on ebay for $70. can anyone tell me anything aobut this model? It has never been taken out of the display case.

Heres some pics.

001.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

:blink: ... Greetings my friend ... :lol: :

You made a very good buy there . That particular car was driven by Chad Little in 1997 in the Brick Yard 400. It was painted in those colors to honor John Deer's 160 anniversary. I remember being attracted to it by it's color, it was a bronze cooper hue, and believe me it was very eye catching as it came off the curves and more so when the sunlight hit it. Hold on to it . Here are some pictures of my model .

100_0901.jpg

100_0907.jpg

100_0915.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

100_0954.jpg

100_0955.jpg

100_0956.jpg

Edited by de3freak

de3freak, mine doesnt seem to have that antenna on top of it. also i dont know about yours but mine is also diecast.

would it matter if i take it out of the case or should i just keep it in there?

EDIT: mine also has teh full detailed side skirts on it.

Edited by ThatOneEmoKid

de3freak, mine doesnt seem to have that antenna on top of it. also i dont know about yours but mine is also diecast.

would it matter if i take it out of the case or should i just keep it in there?

EDIT: mine also has teh full detailed side skirts on it.

:lol: ... Greetings ... ;) :

Mine is a 1/24 scale model. I am much in the same view as Clay, I would leave it in the case or display it in a dust free medium, like a display case, curio or cabinet. As for the antenna, don't worry, most die-cast don't include it ( one good aspect of models, a modeler can ... :blink: ) . As I said before, you have a very good buy there, be proud and take good care of it.

Edited by de3freak

ill most likely leave it in the case, but does it really matter(like value wise) if i take it out? like if i take it out for some pictures then put it right back in after i was done. i might keep it for a while. but i was thinking of selling/trading it, any idea what i should ask for?

Chad drove this in the Brickyard 400 in his last year driving Pontiacs before Jack Roush bought the Greg Pollex team. It was a one time deal that I'm sure Chad would like to forget. He finished 42 after being caught up in a wreck in the first few laps of the race.

I always liked Chad and felt he had great potential but after he separated from Jack Roush, his career was at a standstill. He retired to work for Nascar on international development.

As for the car, it was offered in both 1/16 and 1/24 scale. Both versions are a bit rare but the 1/16 is by far the rarest.

Mike