Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I just learned, this afternoon, that I can expect the first round test shots of this anticipated series of kits by Saturday! Whoo-hoo, I can hardly wait (I'll forgo my diuretics for that long--don't want to pee my pants prematurely!)

Long bed, short stepside box, 2WD,. 4WD, small and large V8, and the I-block six--can't wait! These will be first round test shots--so evaluation is required--gotta help make these as excellent kits as you all expect them to be from Moebius Models!

Art

Art,

Did I read that correctly? We will have a choice in drivelines? Engines? Beds?

Either Christmas is coming early or Santa used UPS and the packages are a little late! Either way, if we have choices in then it has been worth the wait!

Some of us have been drooling in anticipation of this since Dave first surfaced on fordification about two and a half years ago looking for a truck to photograph and measure :blink:

Been a long time coming but worth the wait..... :wub:

mike

I'm not even going to log off... I'll just hit the refresh button every so often... I have, NEVER before in my 40 years here on earth, looked forward to a kit of ANY genre as much as I have these. My immediate family and I have owned 5 of these trucks through the years and I will own another...

Are you kidding me? Art, ALL FOUR grilles in one kit? Whoa! Awesome.

Does Revell know about this??

Dan, there are multiple version parts in the tooling--but I doubt you will see more than one version per kit release. However, it does make sense to work up a project like this one several potential variants of the vehicle "waiting in the wings".

Other model companies have tooled up parts for more than one variation of whatever their "first release" was going to be--and over time they've gone forward with more versions (Revell's excellent '32 Ford street rod series comes to mind here). And, if one thinks about it, that's how AMT started out with the Trophy Series--one '32 Ford Roadster eventually became a coupe, a phaeton and a Tudor sedan--their '40 Ford coupe became a Tudor Sedan and a sedan delivery--and so on.

Art

Are you kidding me? Art, ALL FOUR grilles in one kit? Whoa! Awesome.

Does Revell know about this??

Art or Dave need to provide a more definitive answer...but with Test Shots like Art is working with here, the tool is typically run with all the "gates" open for the parts for both the initial and (pre-engineered) future versions of the kit.

More likely here is that there will eventually be four releases of the kit, each version including the grille that is appropriate to the model year represented by that individual kit. (To that point, I think this thread or others like it suggest that there will eventually be at least two Moebius kits and a third under the Model King label.)

Still...that is an impressive picture, to be sure! TIM l

Edited by tim boyd

Looks very cool so far, also appears that they reworked the windshield area and looks great! I also noticed small block valve covers.

Hopefully they will also do a big block FE series engine which could represent a 360 or 390 as on the outside they were nearly identical. I also like the big six as one can use it all the way through to 1986 as that was the last year for the carb version.