Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt double dragster kit

krazyglu

Did these two at the beginning of the year. Nothing fancy I just wanted to get back into the hang of building and learn how to use a air brush. The '55 Chevy pick-up is a die cast and I plan on building a small "home built" style trailer one day. All comments welcome

009yxj.jpg

013mlf.jpg

002xo.jpg

017bs.jpg

Thanks guys coming from all of you that means a lot. I have just been so fascinated with 60's drag racing and I knew these would look cool built. I would recommend getting the kit if you have not already...its well worth it. Nick drag that ole airbrush back out and never put it away my friend. No to each there own ,but for me personally I get such a thin consistent coat with a airbrush. I feel like with some aerosol paint the detail can be lost quickly. I have got into the habit of airbrushing everything and cleaning the gun has just become second nature to me. I use a Sata graph 2 at around 10-20psi. depending on the paint ect. Thanks again everyone.

Hand tools are Fujimi Garage and tools kit. Found it buried at my local hobby shop and quickly snatched it.....there are engine hoist ,lift and many other tools I have yet to build. I have a '67 Chevelle pro street over in the work bench area as well as a few other wip's I hope to finish soon. Thanks for the comments Randy

Dave don't underestimate yourself at all my friend.....your models looked awesome man. I left the chrome on the dragster for more of a showy "higher budget" guy while the altered I decided to experiment with striping chrome off and simulating a dull aluminum look. Thanks again everyone

Nice builds, Steven! You really nailed the "feel" of this great kit. B):)

For those of you curious about the Golden Age of drag racing (in this case, the early years) this kit is ideal, since it came out at the time and is an amazingly faithful representation of the cars of the period. Besides which it's beautifully engineered, goes together great, and gives you tons of choices with what to do with it. It's hard to think of a drag kit that's more fun to build.

Couldn't agree with Bernard anymore on this kit. There are tons of different possibilities and only after reading many Rod and Journals as well as watching "Ingenuity In Action(1958)" did I really know what I wanted to do with them. I'm 27 years old and I'm completely obsessed with early drag racing and hot rods :D Thanks for all the positive comments everyone

Wasn't that fun Steven? Great job. Now if you had gotten the "tin" you'd have enough parts for another rail. If not, you'd better go out and get another DD kit cause there's a lot more you can do with these.

and that push truck tops it off.

Edited by Greg Myers

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on this kit as well, i bought the tin and the box set of the recently released kits and plan on building two different fiats and one streamliner and the side by side dragster. your builds came out beautifully and love how you have built yours awesome job. Please post your trailer here when you have it built would love to see that as well.