Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Ohio George`s '33 Willys Malco Gasser

It has the "Powered by" part, but no Ford blue ovals. Since it's not a Ford car, they don't get Ford licensing now. Same goes for kits with other engines, like the 392 Chrysler in the Revell 32 5-window, it's not called a "Hemi" or "Chrysler", the SBC in the Stacy David car isn't called a Chevy, The Olds in the AMT 40 Willys isn't an Olds, etc....

• 2 months later...

These are the decals that are shown on the On the AMT - Round 2 website

amt770-1.jpg

http://www.round2models.com/models/amt/ohio-george-coupe/amt770-1

The decals in the box does not include the "Powered by Ford" decals as advertised on thier website!

This is a case of false advertising

Sorry, but where do you see the "Powered By Ford" ?

Yes, where are you seeing them? The whole thing is airbrushed out of the box art photo, and you do get the "Powered by" part [not shown] to use if you have some spare blue ovals from another kit. So you actually get more decals than they advertise...

product.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

Sorry, but where do you see the "Powered By Ford" ?

OH SNAP that was cool....I posed this question to Round 2 after I posted here and I got the following from them..

Hi Scott,

On the final product we could not use the “Ford” logos. Unfortunately we did not realize we had the original copy of the decals shown on the website. We will be updating the website to reflect the correct decal sheet. I am very sorry for the confusion.

Doug Ridge

Customer Service

He must have changed the image on the site after I queried them on this! They removed the "Powered by Ford " logos!

WOW!

Edited by Dr Plastic

• 4 years later...
On 12/23/2013 at 9:21 AM, Brett Barrow said:

It has the "Powered by" part, but no Ford blue ovals. Since it's not a Ford car, they don't get Ford licensing now. Same goes for kits with other engines, like the 392 Chrysler in the Revell 32 5-window, it's not called a "Hemi" or "Chrysler", the SBC in the Stacy David car isn't called a Chevy, The Olds in the AMT 40 Willys isn't an Olds, etc....

I wonder if that's why the Blue Bandito doesn't have the Cadillac script on the rocker covers. Licensing is a b***h these days apparently!