Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2012 Fall New Releases Announced

Not current. Looks to be a reissue of the 90's kit.

Too, bad no one does the new style Dodge Ram"s, believe it or not but they're a big hit here in the Antwerp area, of the 10 P/U's I see, 8 are Ram's.

It's a fiscal thing, cuz since they are trucks the owners pay far less taxes then or a car with the same engine displacement.

Also many run on LPG

Yeah I'm surprised that Revell hasn't done any of the new pickups yet. They are popular, and provide plenty of customization options. Plus they would provide more options for tow vehicles.

Not to be Debbie Downer, but it's been mentioned a few that model kit based on "new" (as in recent model years) pickups do not sell well, so that's why we see very few tooled up. Just look at the first page about and you'll see what does sell- Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, Ferraris, and musclecars.

What kits is this based on? The '99 Silverado may not have sold well because it was only a 2WD 1500 model. Ford had either the basic F150 or the Harley Davidson models. Newest Dodge had was the 2nd Gen. I think if they released a 4WD HD model, then they would possibly sell better. Why did they rerelease the '90s F250 kit? 2WD wasn't probably the best decision, but it sold because it was an HD model that could be used for many different types of vehicles. Sure the subjects you mentioned sell well, but they have been kitting some unique vehicles lately that have been selling.

Again, this is where a poll would be great to put out, to see in fact whether a new truck kit would potentially be a hit.

Lots of cool stuff coming, but I have to ask... don't you think they're about six years too late jumping on the Foose bandwagon?

In model kit industry terms that's lightning quick.

Anyway, nothing in it for me this time. I either already have it in abundance, or I'm not interested. Guess I will buy a bunch of diecasts this autumn.

What kits is this based on? The '99 Silverado may not have sold well because it was only a 2WD 1500 model. Ford had either the basic F150 or the Harley Davidson models. Newest Dodge had was the 2nd Gen. I think if they released a 4WD HD model, then they would possibly sell better. Why did they rerelease the '90s F250 kit? 2WD wasn't probably the best decision, but it sold because it was an HD model that could be used for many different types of vehicles. Sure the subjects you mentioned sell well, but they have been kitting some unique vehicles lately that have been selling.

Again, this is where a poll would be great to put out, to see in fact whether a new truck kit would potentially be a hit.

It was mentioned in at least two threads in Gen. Disc. in the past year or so, and Tim Boyd may have been one person who mentioned it? Someone else who attended iHobby also mentioned that the big sellers are Snap kits, Corvettes, and Ferraris.

The Foose kits have a lot of potential is they are fairly faithful to the renderings. I'd hate to see them be reissues with different wheels and decals. I'll be getting the coronet for sure, specifically for the wheels if they are like the picture. I've got a project they'd be perfect on!

I'm going to guess that's exactly what they will be. The '68 Firebird appears to use Foose "500" wheels and the '67 Coronet Foose "Coronet" wheels, which appear to be loosely based on the vintage Magnum 500 style wheel. I suspect both kits will have California Wheels series tires and new decal sheets which will include the "billboard"-ish rear quarter panel stripes for the 'bird and a new bumblebee (maybe closer to the more recent rumblebee truck stripe) butt stripe for the Coronet.

It'll be interesting to see if Revell tools up new, lowered suspensions for these kits, but I doubt it, since there may not be enough space inside the wheelwells at the kit-stock ride heights.

Guys I'm not well informed on past kits since I recently began to buy them. So, are there any other Foose kits besides the ones coming out???

Negative. Nor are those two "Foose kits" per se, as they both have existed for at least 3 re-issues each. Neither are new, but rather re-warmed offerings with what you have to hope are an attempt at the 1:1 wheels, decals and perhaps some lowered suspension pieces. Changes beyond that...I wouldn't hold your breath.

Not sure why Revell needed to hitch it's wagon to OverHaulin' which doesn't come back on the air until the 4Q of 2012 on Velocity (formerly Discovery HD), as I can't even find Velocity on the spectrum of "High Numbered Channels No One Watches" on my DirecTV. The show petered out on TLC after 5 seasons, I'm not sure anyone was clamoring for it's return. I understand Revell's hands were tied a bit if they wanted to milk this connection while spending the least amount of money, as they had to match something Foose did in those 5 years with something in the kit "archives", but the '68 Firebird is STILL in the CURRENT Revell Catalog, it was one of the Gearz contest kits. My LHS still has 2-3 '67 Coronets, from at least 2 of the last reissues.

If they could tool up an all new kit of the '32 Ford for Stacey David, then why couldn't we get something actually new for Foose?

I guess they decided to use the Foose brand rather than their own 'California Wheels' or 'Motor City Muscle' branding...I don't expect them to be much different than California Wheels versions of other kits..decals, big wheels and tires.

As far as the Velocity channel, it used to be called HD Theater..it has Mecum auction coverage, and a couple pretty good shows--Chasing Classic Cars w/ Wayne Carini and a British old car find/fixup/sell show, Wheeler Dealers, that I like...

Speaking of big wheels, I wonder what happened to the 3 new wheels Pegasus announced at iHobby last year? Haven't seen anything about them.

Edited by Rob Hall

I guess they decided to use the Foose brand rather than their own 'California Wheels' or 'Motor City Muscle' branding...I don't expect them to be much different than California Wheels versions of other kits..decals, big wheels and tires.

As far as the Velocity channel, it used to be called HD Theater..it has Mecum auction coverage, and a couple pretty good shows--Chasing Classic Cars w/ Wayne Carini and a British old car find/fixup/sell show, Wheeler Dealers, that I like...

Speaking of big wheels, I wonder what happened to the 3 new wheels Pegasus announced at iHobby last year? Haven't seen anything about them.

Rob, I take it you get the Velocity channel?, is it a part of the HD package?, I ask because I have looked for it, even put in the channel number, even looked at all channels Directv offers and my guide does not show it

Rob, I take it you get the Velocity channel?, is it a part of the HD package?, I ask because I have looked for it, even put in the channel number, even looked at all channels Directv offers and my guide does not show it

It's channel 1077 on my Cox ... Oh. But you said dtv, didn't you? :P

B)

Velocity (previously HD Theater) is HD only and is channel 205 on my Comcast.

looking forward to at least looking in the box of the foose kits. Wont buy one unless it includes new suspensions and or engine parts. Who knows, they could be doing something along the lines of the rat roaster with an existing body but new everything else. Heres hoping.

No new pick up trucks for a couple of reasons.

Licensing from the manufacturers, coupled with the newer ones haven't sold well, means Revell and Round 2 aren't going to put their money into it, if they aren't going to get a decent return on it. Sad but true. Why do you think the Revell tires in all their kits have no manufacturing logos and names on them? Licensing costs too much. No new NASCAR kits....licensing.

All comes down to greed on the part of the car and tire manufactures. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity for free advertising, they look at it as a way to make a quick buck

I'm really excited about the new releases that I went to my LHS and asked them to get a good number of those kits. :) specially the Foose and Shelby Cobra. Tic-tac-tic-tac time runs slow when it comes to new releases...