Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

John.... you have me super impressed man! This build is just coming together. I can't wait to see how you are going to make the working butterflies. I was debating on doing that with the funny car and having it ties to the gas pedeal so it would move when you pressed down the pedal but am a little afraid it may be to delicate and have a possibility of breaking.

Wow, John. As always incredible work. I almost fell of my chair whenI read you were only building for four years.

You truely are blessed with such abilities. I hope you don't mind me asking but I have a few questions.

Where do you find these dimensions you are using to make your frames and linkages ?

Are there specific books or mag's to look for when one wants to build such a masterpiece ?

Thanks for the answers. Can't wait to see the next update. And before I forget thanks for the great pic's, they really tell a story.

Mark

Wow, John. As always incredible work. I almost fell of my chair whenI read you were only building for four years.

You truely are blessed with such abilities. I hope you don't mind me asking but I have a few questions.

Where do you find these dimensions you are using to make your frames and linkages ?

Are there specific books or mag's to look for when one wants to build such a masterpiece ?

Thanks for the answers. Can't wait to see the next update. And before I forget thanks for the great pic's, they really tell a story.

Mark

Hi Mark......I have been building steady for almost 4 years but,I built as a kid from about 9 to 14 years of age........I gather reference photos off the internet "Google" and reference photos here on MCM from other builders.......I just eyeball and measure dimensions on my own.......they are not perfect but,I try to do the best I can.......I am no way a professional.......but,I am happy what I come up with......thank you so much for your kind words.

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........thank you all so much for the kind comments.......I made a steering wheel and wheels for my wheelie bar......I also made some brake calipers and brackets for the front wheels......I still need to make the rotors........I also made a nitrous rack.....thanks for looking.

DSCF3480.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

DSCF3482.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

DSCF3475.jpg

DSCF3478.jpg

DSCF3477.jpg