Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International LoneStar

I think Moebius and Dave have done an outstanding job. If there's one thing I know very well, it's model trucks! I have at least two of every truck kit ERTL and AMT have ever produced as well as hundreds of Revell and Italeri kits. I have mastered many, many parts that have been sold worldwide dedicated to truck builders. There's always going to be minor compromises in model kits. I, for one, am overjoyed with this offering and feel that for a kit this well detailed, thought out and low priced, I can overlook something as minor as a seam in the tanks. For twenty bucks I can put real machined aluminum tanks with no seam at all. Problem fixed!

Thank you Dave for all your research and development on this kit!!!!!!!!!! Thank everyone at Moebius for me as well! :D

I know I am being redundant with this but I received my (2) Lonestar kits a couple of days ago and have been going through the one that I opened. I am not a "major league" truck builder, having built only (6) truck kits so far and still am developing my skills. I do consider myself more than capable and thoroughly enjoy (as a hobby!) building 1/24 & 1/25 scale cars and trucks. I am a 70 year old retired machine tool design engineer with 35 years experience with high volume engine, transmission and other auto/truck component manufacture.

I feel compelled to add my praise and thanks to Moebius and ALL those personnel involved in bringing this kit to market. In my opinion, Moebius has raised the bar to a level that I would not have thought possible just a year or so ago. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Unfortunately this kit has created an even greater anticipation for receipt of the (2) Hudson and (2) Chrysler kits I have on order, and any other future releases from Moebius.

Thank You Moebius

DSCF2740-vi.jpg

Getting REAL close. Only missing the chicken lights and decals. Think I've gotta play with the hood fit though.

DSCF2743-vi.jpg

I decided the kit mud flaps were too thick for my liking so I cut replacements from .010 styrene and then added weights cut from the same sheet followed by some BMF.

DSCF2744-vi.jpg

Since I put the cab on to the chassis, I've had to actually do work on it in the Garage as it's too big for my workbench.

DSCF2740-vi.jpg

Getting REAL close. Only missing the chicken lights and decals. Think I've gotta play with the hood fit though.

DSCF2743-vi.jpg

I decided the kit mud flaps were too thick for my liking so I cut replacements from .010 styrene and then added weights cut from the same sheet followed by some BMF.

DSCF2744-vi.jpg

Since I put the cab on to the chassis, I've had to actually do work on it in the Garage as it's too big for my workbench.

Looks great! cant wait for mine to get here

Before I forget, I'd like to thank Art Anderson and Dave Metzner of Moebius for so generously allowing me to have the first production LoneStar.

You have met TWO of the nicest hobbyists I have ever had the ability to meet. Heck when I was younger Art used to take me to model car meets so I can build models....he's the person I blame for my model car/truck obsession lol. Together they have teamed up to build the newest/COOLEST model semis on the market! I love this model, the color scheme of yours is very catchy, it came out great!

Chad

I'm plugging away at mine, making a few mistakes along the way and pulling off parts before they dry to flip them over and such, but seeing yours so nicely done is inspiration to keep on going. There are a lot of parts! When you consider what's in the box, the overall size, the number of chrome parts, the quality decals and the modern subject, this kit is really a bargain. I just hope I can do it justice

Hmmmm, turned out pretty awesome! Great finish on the paint, looks real good, nice well defined and crisp stripe.

I see these CN trucks going down the 132 near Montreal all the time, gotta love that paint scheme.

Anyway, you got the look just right! I often see them with container trailers, by the way...

I just got my two Lonestars, man I can't get over the definition and the quality of the castings.

What about those instructions! All color, good pictures, well detailed. Kudos to Moebius!I even got an extra memo

for the correct installation of the fuel tanks! Can't wait to start mine... Oups, got to finish that engineless Volvo VN first.