Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trailer for my '34 semi

hello everyone!

first i hope everybody here had a very Merry Christmas and received everything they wanted; i did. i got my model building mojo back. it has been over two years since i picked up a model to build, buy or even plan a build. the only thing model related was my ocassional stop into this forum to check up on what was going on in the model building world. thanks to this forum, it kept that little ember of passion glowing. whew, man, it feels good to cut plastic again because i have tons of projects to finish.

my last posting here was a 1934 Ford "hot rod" semi tractor that i had just finished and was starting on the trailer: here is that thread. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26146&hl= the trailer will be a "vintage looking" race car hauler. now on to that---

this is how it looks after two days of work

IMG_0374_zps51834408.jpg

IMG_0373_zpsaa30cf92.jpg

IMG_0370_zpsbd8c90a7.jpg

IMG_0378_zpscd21d640-1.jpg

i used HO scale diamond plate instead of the 1/24th because i think it looks better. IMO the 1/24th just looks too large.

as you can see, i still have a lot to do, doors, windows, compressor, electrical, roof and and and.... the good thing is, i now have the desire to do it. yee-haa!

thanks for looking.

Since the truck thread was before my time here, l just took the time to peruse it. 1St class, top notch building ! I'm very impressed with a genre l don't know much about & honestly never cared for, but very alluring indeed ! Hope you stay with the trailer til completion. You got me to look at, & stay interested in a rat-diesel, lol ! I would NEVER have thought that possible. You have alot of talent, sir !

Bart.

hey guys, thanks for the cool responses. sorry, i don't have any real big updates: i spent the holidays setting up my new model building room, finally. i bought my house almost two years ago and planned, from the beginning, to use the front bedroom for that purpose. it is really cool having a room dedicated for only model building, yee-haa.

i got the ramps made and the storage box built into the trailer. i also got the rest of the sides done. i wanted to have a little bit of that 30s-40s car hauler look. what do you think, looks ok? next is to work out the roof and construct the landing gear.

rampside_zps3f30b11d.jpg

rampstorage_zps49f8b7a7.jpg

ramps_zpsca53f03d.jpg

well again, thanks

• 2 months later...

hi there dont know want u think of this for the landing gear, get the Testors hot metal 1/24 trailer it has great landing gear on it.it might work out for you sir.cool trailer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hv a great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

gary

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...