Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not a big fan of the old TV show Space 1999. But, I always loved the ships, the moon base itself, the space suits, and other props from the series.

This is MPC's old Space 1999, Eagle 1 Transporter kit, just reissued recently. If you go searching on the web, you'll find a lot of people out there criticizing this kit. True it's a simple kit. It may not be as accurate as it could be. But, I think it looks dare good. It looks like the Eagle from the TV show to me. I follow a lot of the advice a Mr. Small gives on Round 2's web site for building the kit. Using a plain lead pencil for shading of some of the framing worked really great. It was easy to do. And helped the look of the kit immensely.

post-10661-0-48095600-1409855125_thumb.j

post-10661-0-38954300-1409855266_thumb.j

post-10661-0-76362600-1409855292_thumb.j

post-10661-0-09925600-1409855331_thumb.j

Scott

Looks great! I have one of the new reissues too and I was amazed at how clean it was (especially compared to the flash-fests that were some of the other Round2 reissues) and the new decal sheet is a major upgrade over the old one.

Jim Small is one of the leading experts on the Eagle Transporter and he does the box-top builds for most of Round2's sci-fi kits. He ahd a lot to do with this reissue and his masters are being used for the resin parts in the upcoming deluxe Eagle kit with all the extra boosters and whatnot.

The new accurized Moon Base Alpha is now shipping, I might have to snag one of those, too!

Edited by Brett Barrow

nice. i want a couple but here in UK they cost around $50 or so. Seen them in the US at much less than half that. I def want to build one or 2, never done sci fi before, and i hate star trek, dr who etc but always willing to try something new

I was watching a few episodes last week while working on my cop cars, and a Mig 21, inc the first episode of season 2. Brian Blessed starred and having met him in real life hes just as loud off camera

Can you dig this Jules? 2009_0910Spock0274.jpg

Meeeeeeeeeeg.

I just got home now, had to go to the inlaws for the afternoon, well i dropped the wife off.

I got off ebay other day another AMT 70s Ford cop car, asked the seller if i could collect as not far away from inlaws.

Said yes to picked it up, we recognised each other once he opened the door, until a few weeks ago he had a tiny tiny 2nd had book show, with a few kits here and there. So i would pop in, and get one if i was passing. Im gonna get a couple of the Eagle when he gets them. I can get a couple from the US for the same as one here , even a fraction less but with shipping, del co. handling fees etc its a pain.