Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Future Truck Projects or Goals ?

Mark, you have the basic idea!

I'd post a picture of the truck but, for some reason, I can no longer copy and paste or upload photos in any fashion to this site. Evidently the old way no longer works. I click to 'paste' and nothing happens... nothing appears after the prompt... I've even tried using the photo icon in the tool bar... All that does is locks the page... I've tried Tinypic, I've tried Fotki... Even started a new Fotki account. No luck.... I've been trying different methods for an hour and a half now... Still can't post pics... Can someone help me out, here? I'm just about over it...

Sean, yes, that one does scream, "BUILD ME!!!"

Edited by Wagoneer81

The RL/RS series are my favorite Macks,growing up in a family of Mack owners and operators,my alltime favorite is the late Bob Ecksteins RL-700L one of two RL-7955's ever built with a factory Caterpillar engine,he also owned the other one (the blue one) which was recently for sale. Once I get a few more builds under my belt,my first resin conversion will be this truck!.........................................Mark

post-9862-0-50461300-1415143740_thumb.jp

post-9862-0-11199900-1415143885_thumb.jp

My father-in-law drives a T800 dump truck with matching trailer, I have been collecting the parts to build it in scale. Just about got all the major parts. He also drove for CF back in the day, so I have collected the kits for that one also. One of our customers has a beautiful 379 Pete, so I have been collecting parts for that, and now that stretched 359 Pete.....

I will be building a few more kits before tackling any of these though. lol

Back in the 80's a customer came into were I work to buy some truck parts. He had a R model Mack with a VIT cab over as his sleeper, You walk through the spot were the grill was to get into the sleeper..It was painted flat black.

What is a VIT cab ? My brain is not processing that one today..

Thank you Mark for posting the pic. Someday I learn how to do that. Terry, It didn't look bad at all. It look like a high raise sleeper.

Ive seen some crazy things that didnt look bad, Im just having trouble picturing how the windshield and doors would have looked with the other cab in front of it. I guess Ill have to mock up a model to see how it looked.

Terry, The windshield,and the door windows was painted black, The head lights was the only thing he didn't use. The stacks ran up behind the Mack cab,and in front of the KW cab. The cab door's could open if he needed to get out in a hurry and the door windows would roll down to get air in.

• 1 month later...

I've got about four of those Western Stars planned. One with the early style front end (Illini used to cast that one), a dump truck, the Happy Toyz "Green Goblin" from Maximum Overdrive, and the one I posted previously, which will be a sort of mild custom... not a full blown "large car" trailer queen, but not a 100% factory stock restoration style, either.

I'm going to dip my toe in the truck building pond. Revell snap Kenworth. Right now its in the purple pond. Got too happy with the clear and it cracked. Dang builders block and rushing to get stuff done.

It happens man. I tend to get in a hurry with thinner, lighters colors, whites, yellows...., it runs and wrinkles. Or the wind blows it off my painting area or drop it. The wind blew the hood for my Prostar in the dirt yesterday. I shouldve waited but i was in a hurry, as usual. Now its takin the putple bath.

Edited by Petetrucker07

I'm with James on the Squad 51 , I have the utility bed and the decals just need the Dodge truck .

Also want to get the California Hauler done that I'm currently working on.

X3 but I'm in the opposite predicament, I have the truck, I just need the bed and the decals! :lol:

I picked up a Dodge Little Red Express at the Fulton Model Show last month. I'm getting closer to Squad 51. KMG365.

I watch the show every chance I get on METV followed by CHiPS. I actually have an idea to try and build a more modern Station 51 with the newer Trumpeter La France and AMT's Dodge dually

To clear up the KW vit question KW released the vit interior the diamond tuck one in 1974. The bicential models of 1976 called vit200 were also the first production aerodynes and ironically didn't have the vit interior. They had a red white and blue interior unique to them. The vit package only refers to the diamond tuck interior and can be found in day cabs as well as all size sleepers. Prior to 1974 Kw had an interior option very similar to Peterbilt's classic with square pleats I've only seen it in early (1973?) k 100s with the 108" cab.