Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 55 chevy

plasticbutcher

This is a long term project I'm working on, The "plan" is this will be a custom hot rod, Custom int. "blown" 426 Hemi, ladder bars, tubbed, and low, I started with an old AMT 1/16 scale 55 chevy and a wild idea,, I have corrected the door jams, scratch built and moved the fire wall back about 4 scale inches to have room for a 426 Hemi engine w/4 speed, I narrowed the rear frame, made wheel tubs and trunk floor, scratch built a new floor pan.

Let me know what you think

100_4922.jpg

100_4917.jpg

100_4918.jpg

100_4921.jpg

100_4919.jpg

Thanks for lookin

Thanks guys, I have a lot more work to do, I hope to have more progress pics soon as my camera died after these pics.

I am only using the body, frame and dashboard from the kit, the engine and rear axle are from the Don Garlits rear engine dragster, trans from the parts box, and rest will be scratch built.

Thanks guys,

Glen, you are right sir. I prefer the look of the sedan so I "butchered" it , and I think it looks much cooler now.

Michael, You just have to try my friend, I have been doing this for 40 years, maybe in 40 more I can win at a show,

Ken, the 55 is favorite of the tri-fives,

I'm trying to get this together for our club contest Saturday for the under construction table,

OK enough gabbin small update with pics

The heart of the beast

100_4924.jpg

and the door comparison

100_4927.jpg

Thanks for watching, will have more updates after the show

Thank you for the kind words guys, I had to take a break after the show but now I'm back to the work bench and hope to have some up date pics later today, been carving some seats so not much to show but lots of styrene "snow" on the floor ,

Thanks for watching and comments always welcomed

That is looking great. I hope I can get past the Hemi in a Chevy part :rolleyes:

AzTom

Thank you, had to take a small break from this one but will be back with up dates this week end, and as for the mopar power??? it is me poking fun at my friends who put small block chevy motors in ford hot rods. I also have a build thats called "40w440" which is an amt 40 ford coupe custom chop top, lowered, cycle fenders up front and a 440 wedge for power,

• 3 months later...