Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Rambler wagon saved from donk-ness

kerc

So this was built like five years ago, originally intended to be sort of pro-touring style but ended up looking DONK...So today I had a revelation at the office...

Ripped the wheels and tires from another model that was rather meh, prepped the stance, and slapped it all together in 45 miuntes. By the way, it took that long because this is the worst-assembling kit EVER. Finish is the original plastic, polished and Future'd. And yes, the wheels are bright orange, but somehow it all works. The foiling is a bit messed (five years and a move from Puerto Rico to San Antonio), but I'm not in the mood of redoing it right now...It looks better in person than in the pics.

Dang it looks neat. :D

IMGP0126.jpg

IMGP0127.jpg

IMGP0128.jpg

IMGP0130.jpg

IMGP0132.jpg

;)

;):huh:;) Halilughia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU SAVED A PERFECTLY GOOD MODEL FROM BLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of BLING HERE ON THIS FORUM TOO !!!!!!!!! Heck , Im beginning to think I should start listening to Disco and Rapp and looking like Mr T !!!!!!!! I wasn't raised in the getto even though Ive had to live in several dives . You are to be comended ! Ed Shaver :D

:lol:B):lol: Halilughia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU SAVED A PERFECTLY GOOD MODEL FROM BLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of BLING HERE ON THIS FORUM TOO !!!!!!!!! Heck , Im beginning to think I should start listening to Disco and Rapp and looking like Mr T !!!!!!!! I wasn't raised in the getto even though Ive had to live in several dives . You are to be comended ! Ed Shaver :D

My Grandmother had one of these in the late 60s. I borrowed it regularly to go "up town". It got wrecked one night on the way home by a '67 SS 396 Chevelle. The seats would all fold down flat. My sex addicted girlfriend of the day & I used it many times for our forays into teenage sex. Not most peoples definition of a love machine, but it was all we needed. ;)

Gary