Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford's

vizio93

This thread has got to be one of the best...the many different builds displayed here are testiment as to why the 32 Ford has been and still is the all time favorite in the 1:1 world of Hot Rodding. My builds so far...

R-M 32 Roadster: Wheels and Tires from Revell 29 Ford P/U, Induction from R-M 30 Woodie, and paint is Tamiya Gold and Clear.

32R1.jpg

AMT 32 Coupe: Channeled and grill sectioned, Back Wheels from Kit but widened, Parts box tires, kit flathead with speed parts from AMT 49 Ford, and painted with Krylon Navy Blue

LDC2.jpg

AMT 32 Coupe on the Bench: Chopped and Channeled, Wheels,Tires,Engine from Beatnik Bandit, and painted with Krylon Peekaboo Blue

BDCwip13.jpg

Here are a few pics of my friend Jerry Cardinal's '32 Ford with an all brass chassis.

The steering wheel is an old Liberty dime with the center sections cut out.

l38-vi.jpg

Here's a shot of the brass radiator and headlights.

l37-vi.jpg

100_0412vi-vi.jpg

32ford1-vi.jpg

DSC04350-vi.jpg

The entire chassis was fabricated in brass, using the plastic pieces from the Revell '32 Ford kit as templates.

32ford4-vi.jpg

32ford5-vi.jpg

DSC00645-vi.jpg

DSC00620-vi.jpg

DSC00596-vi.jpg

Later,

Here's the fully fendered '32 Ford Roadster that I finished a couple of weeks ago.

DSC07736-vi.jpg

DSC07746-vi.jpg

DSC07743-vi.jpg

DSC07740-vi.jpg

DSC07749-vi.jpg

DSC07748-vi.jpg

DSC07747-vi.jpg

DSC07752-vi.jpg

So this is the contemporary Old School full fendered Roadster with the Flattie, Torq Thrusts and a stock full hood finished in glossy Black and red with the usual PE parts from the MCG kit that I built for a friend of mine. I was going to mail it to him for Christmas, but it's so delicate that I think I'll wait until he comes to visit in February to give it to him.

Regards,

Edited by Raul_Perez

Hey Raul, both of those '32's are knockouts.

Jerry's work is always Over The Top. I love how he interprets the kit parts and takes them to another level.

Your black '32 is the classic contemporary Old School ride. You really captured the essence of it. Besides the superb finish, the stance and details are all just right. The roadster shell with the flattie, full fenders and details from the sedan kit is really the ultimate Revell '32 to my mind.

Hey Raul, both of those '32's are knockouts.

Jerry's work is always Over The Top. I love how he interprets the kit parts and takes them to another level.

Your black '32 is the classic contemporary Old School ride. You really captured the essence of it. Besides the superb finish, the stance and details are all just right. The roadster shell with the flattie, full fenders and details from the sedan kit is really the ultimate Revell '32 to my mind.

Thanks, Bernard!! Since I built it from your description of the perfect '32 Ford built from the existing pool of Revell '32 Ford parts, I was pretty sure you'd like it!! cool.gif

All great 32's..I like your most recent one Raul.

Hopefully soon, i'll have a few to post here..lol

Thanks, Gray!! I can hardly wait to see your new builds!!

Here are a few pics of my friend Jerry Cardinal's '32 Ford with an all brass chassis.

The steering wheel is an old Liberty dime with the center sections cut out.

l38-vi.jpg

Dang !!! What a good idea.

You did an excellent job on yours too Raul. I don't think I would trust the postal service to send it to your friend, nice call on waiting to give it to him in person :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are my three so far:

1/24 Revell/Monogram Roadster

DSCF6445-web.jpg

Is this the one that was the Basic builder most recent ??

Here's my only done 32 I know it's an overdone look but I liked the look and so it's built that way

Took a Basic Builder 32 cut the fenders from the frame and channeled the kit body and the full kit interior over the frame. To do the seat I cut the lower cushion loose and moved it up the top half of the interior is all box stock only other change inside was a 40 Steering wheel. Cut all the molded parts from the kit engine. and built up a "New" SBC using the Monogram block and heads Revell 56 front cover, accesories and intake the rest of the car is what was in the "Basic "box

S7301936-1.jpg

S7301937-1.jpg

S7301938-1.jpg

S7301939-1.jpg

Got a sedan too but it's never made it past the channel and Mockup. Once I get goin on it again I'll follow the same recipe as the roadster except I'll only use whats in the box

S7301935.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Here's the fully fendered '32 Ford Roadster that I finished a couple of weeks ago.

So this is the contemporary Old School full fendered Roadster with the Flattie, Torq Thrusts and a stock full hood finished in glossy Black and red with the usual PE parts from the MCG kit that I built for a friend of mine. I was going to mail it to him for Christmas, but it's so delicate that I think I'll wait until he comes to visit in February to give it to him.

Regards,

Raul you never disappoint!