Model Cars Magazine Forum

I do like this one and it does look good!!! You really did a good job on the wrecker deck itself and the assortment of "stuff" laying on the deck really adds realism. I like the simple paint - just like an old work horse and the weathering is very tasteful and not at all over done. it's much better than i could do, I will say that. :) if I may make one suggestion - and I seldom ever do this - but if you were to change the wheels out for some actual one ton wheels ( front and rear ), it would look so much more real. this is just a suggestion - not a condemnation and I am not criticizing at all.

I've owned a few of this style of truck over the years including a '66 GMC one ton and I think that the 16" bud style wheels really add a touch of class to these trucks. Mine had stock racks on it and I used it for hauling all manner of stuff from wood chips to gravel and firewood and - well - what ever. But back to your build - VERY nice and it is obviously a labor of love. AAAA++++ :D:D:D

There are a few sets on Ebay such as the ones from seller dixieland89. it would be nice if the wheels came with tires, but I got a set from a guy in Quebec a year or so ago that I was quite pleased with. The Ford, Dodge and GM duals were all the same wheel back then except that some pre-'67 Fords and Dodges had six lug wheels where as GM was eight lug. The GM and Ford wheels differed only in the size of the center hole which was ever so slight. I believe that the difference ( if memory serves me right ) was that the Ford wheels had a center hole about 1/8" or maybe ever so slightly larger but in 1/24 or 1/25 scale there would of course be no difference. the actual style of the wheels was the same for many years though. You have a pm. :):) .