Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Lowboy Trailer

Looks like Round 2 is reissuing the lowboy trailer, again.....Saw it on Tower Hobbies Site the other day....$29.99.....Late July release date....It's on my wish list, for sure......I like to stretch them into something a little more modern looking......Saw the box art on the Round 2 web site.....Green with the same load of transformers....

It would be better If round2 would produce a few modern trailers as well as the reissue's that they are putting out. Such as a modern auto carrier, grain, lowboy, flat bed with adjustable rear wheel axles, livestock, milk, ect. some with those aerodynamic skirts under the trailer such as dry good's and refidgerated trailers now have.

i gotta figure round 2 is just going to keep re-issuing stuff they have molds for. must be big truck sales and the already re-issued trailers are selling well enough to warrant more re-issues of old trailers and truck kits, that in itself is good news. Moebius is going to be our best hope for newer style trailers for now i think.

i gotta figure round 2 is just going to keep re-issuing stuff they have molds for. must be big truck sales and the already re-issued trailers are selling well enough to warrant more re-issues of old trailers and truck kits, that in itself is good news. Moebius is going to be our best hope for newer style trailers for now i think.

Tom, I'm inclined to agree: Moebius is our logical choice for new US kits. Round2 & Revell are happy doing reissues; and Italeri seems to be reissuing kits & making new European trucks (and that's not a bad thing).

Im quit happy with round 2 reissues because its my favorite era.You can build dealer fresh,junk yard worn,old war horse still on the road or a modern restored show piece.We do need newer trailers though and Im glad the new internationals are avalible

Im sure most of us on here would agree totally, italeri needs to reissue the 378 more often, i think its time. Those kits are gettin harder to find, when found the price is almost out of reach, ive lucky lately, but trailers are a MUST

It is being reissued as a daycab this year and was reissued as the Longhauler about 3 years ago. They aren't hard to find in the $60-$70 range.

I think really the only complaint I have is the cost of revell/italleri re-issue kits versus the round 2 stuff. I gotta think revell / italeri has made the initial investment back, why can't they sell at $35-$40 range like round 2?

I wonder how much faster that stuff would fly off the shelves??

either way you look at it, atleast stuff is trickling out, and that is good for us. and really, I also have to think as truck modelers, we are a small segment of the over all model sales picture, so atleast we are getting re issues and some new material to work with.

I, also, have to say that I'm happy with the reissues, but I'm also happy with the Moebius offerings....The new smooth side trailer is a good one, and I kind of expected something like that, because it's already halfway tooled with the present 53' trailer.....Which is excellent, by the way.....However, I'd love to see a modern dumper or a 48' or 53' flatbed come from somebody....Not sure what truck modeler wouldn't.....Sometimes I wonder who they're asking about these things....

I get Italeri and their Euro trucks....It is a European company, for cryin' out loud......But what I don't get is why, oh why has no one EVER put out a Peterbilt 379 or 359 extended hood.....What gives??

Edited by kilrathy10

Love the re-issues, still waiting on the IH 2476, 2575 and Paystar to re-appear on the shelves. Round 2 doesn't currently have much reason to bring out a modern trailer, they don't have any modern trucks to put in front of it.

On the topic of new, I'd love to see a set of 28 foot bottom dump doubles, or a fuel truck pulling a 28 foot fuel trailer would be nice too, much more common around here than a semi with a 48 foot + tanker trailer.

I've long thought they could get a lot of mileage out of a 2 or 3 axle tanker truck. With nothing more than a sprue of optional parts and a big decal sheet they could get a fuel truck, road construction or race track water truck, fire department water tender etc.

Seems logical to me, but if your gonna put out model kits, seens the best place for research of popular trucks and trailers, they would be sittin on over passes and truck stops, not a conference room lookin at charts and graphs and case studies. They need only to look outside at the highway, for my style of building, truck shows. The 379 ext hood was THE most noticed truck on the highways. I agree JT, why was it over looked? How could a 48 ft spread acle flatbed be missed? Guess those never rolled passed the meeting room in the hallway.

I think really the only complaint I have is the cost of revell/italleri re-issue kits versus the round 2 stuff. I gotta think revell / italeri has made the initial investment back, why can't they sell at $35-$40 range like round 2?.

This has been talked to death already but those kits cost more because they have to be imported in.

Yes the long hauler is, but the flat top isnt. I know i can get the flat top piece for the long hauler. Im not as skilled as some, its easier for me to start with the flat top.

I know we are a small segment but dpend more on this stuff

Which kit are you referring to? They had two completely different sleepers.

Seems logical to me, but if your gonna put out model kits, seens the best place for research of popular trucks and trailers, they would be sittin on over passes and truck stops, not a conference room lookin at charts and graphs and case studies. They need only to look outside at the highway, for my style of building, truck shows. The 379 ext hood was THE most noticed truck on the highways. I agree JT, why was it over looked? How could a 48 ft spread acle flatbed be missed? Guess those never rolled passed the meeting room in the hallway.

Do you even know what you are talking about? Or are you just assuming that is how it goes down? Read some of the topics on this board and you will see that it is not easy and/or cheap to bring a kit to market.