Model Cars Magazine Forum

USA-1 CORVETTE LSR TEAM! WIP Photos! Finished Now!

Ira

NOW!!! Those are Some FINS!!!

Always Loved the '59 Impala Fins, but they are a little too small for the Vette Transport.

So I used a Big Block Sander with some 80 Grit Sandpaper and flattend out the top of the El Camino Body.

DSCN7352V.jpg

Next I cut out some New Sheet Plastic Fins...8 Inches Long & an 8th Inch Wider than the Stock Fins!

I Sanded the Edges, Nice & Smooth, and then glued them in place...

DSCN7358V.jpg

Here is the Mock-Up with the Vette Attempt!

DSCN7364V.jpg

B) Thanks for Looking!

Edited by Ira

DUUUUUUDDDDDEEE !!!!!!!!! originality is blown clear out of the freaking park on this one

I can't wait to see more. how detailed will the drive line be? i see mid-engine most likely.

this is too cool.

MORE PLEASE and THANK YOU LOL

Michael

Thanks Michael!

Yes, it will have the Mid-Engine location, looks like I will be using both the El Camino and Corvette Indy Frames... B)

Edited by Ira

Really cool Ira. How about building in a tire rack into the body where the '59 doors are, on one side and perhaps a tool box on the other? Just for some functionality.

Thanks Rob!

Great Suggestions... :)

Man you have some really cool concepts. I wasn't sure I was going to like the vette front end on the hauler but I'll be ###### if you didn't make that flow with everything else and that vette hood scoop just looks tough. Can't wait to see it all finished, keep it up.

MORE TAILLIGHTS!!!

I needed to add a liitle width to the Tailgate because I added 1/8th inch width to the Pick-Up Bed. I used 1/16th wide strips to each side and carved them down to fit. I also added a 1/16th inch to the bottom of the Tailgate.

DSCN7366V.jpg

I am using 16th Scale Cobra Headlights for Transporter Taillights. I driiled a hole for each light and glued them in place...

DSCN7371V.jpg

I drilled 2 more holes in the Tailgate and glued 2 lights in place.

DSCN7378V.jpg

Rear View...

DSCN7387V.jpg

B)

Edited by Ira