Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 40 Ford Sedan Stock Car , first time building

CrazyGirl

Thanks John ,,,,,,, but i now have another problem ,,,,,, remember the line from Jaws , " i think we need a bigger boat " ,,,, well i need a bigger table :lol:

I feel your pain. But at least you don't share your space with a wife and a kid like I do. Us modeler could have king arthur's round table and still not have enough room. Lol your project is looking great btw

Guitars too !?! What do you play?

I'm an amateur luthier myself, and do repairs for a lot of the local musicians here. That's why I haven't posted any model projects in a while; Three guitars, a cello and a mandolin take precedence.

45 GUITARS :D ? (that would explain the Scotty Moore connection)

I'm more into Celtic and classical with a little Lynyrd Skynyrd on the side. I do love blues though, I just don't seem to have knack for it.

Edited by Shardik

Cool stuff, Sounds like ya got an awesome display of guitars. My son plays guitar and drums here locally. I'm into Cheap Trick and Stray Cats. I like just about any genre of music too. Metal, blues, rock-a-billy. As long as it's got a beat, lol...

well i am making some progress , made the floor pan and front end is done , had to scrape the front end that was used on this chassis and mashed one from a parts kit i bought , it's not perfect by any means , if i had tons of spare parts i could have made a better front end , the chassis i am using didn't come with brakes , so i made someting to look like the plate on drum brakes , no way near scale or function just something to look like brakes ,, i'll run brake lines , fuel lines and such , now i am waiting for paint so i can do the engine , being a first build i picked a bugger of a build , to many mods and it's amazing what you have to plan for but i am moving forward , slowly , but every time i turn around i 012-1_zps246a1961.jpg013-1_zps56331cb5.jpg003-43_zps0ee72cab.jpgneed something i dont have and that sets me back

Edited by CrazyGirl

BBT! .. Beautiful battery Terminal .. :) You're doing a heck of a job for a first build. As you think about that dirt tracker, remember the guy next store most likely build it from whatever he could scrounge up as needed. You have the same license! ;)

it's the learning curve. quite often folks try too much too soon and get discouraged. i will build as far as my skills & automotive knowledge allows, get stymied, and put everything in a box for a while. six months. a year. or two. when i catch up, i get on it again.

hobbies are to relieve stress, not generate more.

if you're serious about this type of car, there's a couple of special interst groups:

http://fredsresinworkshop.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics&sid=e49711e176fd8372805708bf1d01a82a

http://z8.invisionfree.com/Scale_Racing_Lobby/index.php?act=idx

Edited by southpier

One good thing is on the ol dirt cars they didn't have to look to good. And this being your first it's a good stepping stone in learning the kustom art. This way you'll get your feet wet and have better knowledge on the next build!!!! It is looking good to!!!!! I wish I could of built that nice on my first kit!!!!