Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which is the best photo hosting site?

bobthehobbyguy

Photobucket for many years. Never a problem. And it's free–at least the basic account is. Once you hit a certain limit (not sure what the limit is), you have to pay for a bigger account. But in all the years I've been loading photos there, I still haven't hit the limit... it's still free.

Ok, I just checked. You get up to 2 GB storage for free. Once you pass that, you can get a 20 GB plan for 3 bucks a moth, or a 50 GB plan for 5 bucks a month.

I have hundreds and hundreds of photos on Photobucket... many years worth... and I've still only used 12% of the capacity of my free 2 GB plan. I can probably keep uploading photos for many years before I would ever hit my limit of free.

Another vote for Photobucket. I tried Fotki when I first joined here in 2011. I had trouble but, it was probably just me. It took me a few tries even with Photobucket before I got the hang of it, not sure if I really do have it but, what ever works for you. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Photobucket has always been easy for me, even with their recent re-design that seemed to really upset a lot of users.

X2, plus what Harry mentioned about FREE. Any software has a learning curve, and when they revise it you have to relearn it. Life on computers, whaddya gonna do?

Ok, I just checked. You get up to 2 GB storage for free. Once you pass that, you can get a 20 GB plan for 3 bucks a moth, or a 50 GB plan for 5 bucks a month.

I have hundreds and hundreds of photos on Photobucket... many years worth... and I've still only used 12% of the capacity of my free 2 GB plan. I can probably keep uploading photos for many years before I would ever hit my limit of free.

There is also a limit on monthly traffic on a free account...and I have hit that a couple of times...but I'm far away from the storage limit.

Otherwise Photobucket is good enough for me.

Edited by Force