Model Cars Magazine Forum

Close match to Pontiac Lucerne Blue?

I wish there were. I'd use it on quite a few things.

If you were airbrushing, I'd say Model Master Olds Engine Blue. It would at least be a good starting point. But they don't have it in spray cans.

The closest spray color I can think of would be Model Master Nassau Blue. It's a little light and not quite blue enough to my eye, but maybe it looks good to you. Here's what it looks like on one of my recent builds (deliberately left flat to simulate aging paint):

AMT65Chevelle95_zpsc142f27b.jpg

I don't know, but I think this looks pretty close. It's Duplicolor #BGM0539 "Light Metallic Blue". I used it on my '61 Bonneville as a base coat, so the color you see on the model is not the Duplicolor color. Many times I'll use a close shade of Duplicolor to the MCW paint I'm using to save on paint, but I think they're pretty close. Remember, the pics of the model were taken out doors making the paint look much more vibrant. I'm pretty confident the Duplicolor paint will look close to that in natural light. Steve