Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom 95 chevy s-10 (updated 12-29-11 new paint almost done

Hey guy's I've been working on this for about two months on and off .It's the amt chevy s-10 ss/ls kit so far I shaved the third brake light,the tailgate handle,door handles,and made a roll pan for the rear.I also made a rear notch ,channeled it so it will lay frame made a custom front bumper,cut down the stock bucket's to make them a little shorter.Let me know what you think I'm trying to figure out a color for it so any suggestions will be helpful thank you TROY

DSC04359.jpg

DSC04361.jpg

DSC04360.jpg

DSC04367.jpg

DSC04368.jpg

DSC04371.jpg

DSC04372.jpg

DSC04374.jpg

Edited by kruzzinlow

Looks good! Very nice job on shaving and smoothing everything, looks really good. I love s-series trucks, for some odd reason lol.

I say for paint go with Smokey caramel metallic, just to be different and because I like that color :)

my truck:

sonoma995-1.jpg

sonoma1044.jpg

just a pic of the net

100_0726.jpg

This color REALLY pops in the sun, the pics don't show it very well though. If you want the paint code let me know.

Edited by Jared Roach

I'm with Jared,that thing's looking KILLER! :D:lol::lol: I dig the color he mentioned too. There be more Dime lovers around than you know,teeheehee,paid a deposit on this one (waiting for the refund now :lol: )...

MynewDime1.jpg

I'm REALLY thinking about finishing up ONE project that's 98%,and boxing all other projects for the time being,I gots Dime Fever and want to build one of my S10 kits,LOL! Can't wait to see more on this one,bodywork's looking smooth,and that notch is sweet! :lol:

Looks good! Very nice job on shaving and smoothing everything, looks really good. I love s-series trucks, for some odd reason lol.

I say for paint go with Smokey caramel metallic, just to be different and because I like that color B)

my truck:

sonoma995-1.jpg

sonoma1044.jpg

just a pic of the net

100_0726.jpg

This color REALLY pops in the sun, the pics don't show it very well though. If you want the paint code let me know.

hey Jared thanks its a fun project smooth body work is a must for me,oh if I can I would like the color code that's the winning color for me thank for the help finding the color.

I'm with Jared,that thing's looking KILLER! B):lol::P I dig the color he mentioned too. There be more Dime lovers around than you know,teeheehee,paid a deposit on this one (waiting for the refund now ;) )...

MynewDime1.jpg

I'm REALLY thinking about finishing up ONE project that's 98%,and boxing all other projects for the time being,I gots Dime Fever and want to build one of my S10 kits,LOL! Can't wait to see more on this one,bodywork's looking smooth,and that notch is sweet! ;)

[/quo

Nice s10 I had one and loved it it was a 01 ext cab fully shaved air ride custom paint I will have to dig out the photos and post them on here

hey Jared thanks its a fun project smooth body work is a must for me,oh if I can I would like the color code that's the winning color for me thank for the help finding the color.

U333D(Gm smokey Carmel metallic), just go to a local auto store and have em mix up a can. It might be WA333D in some books when they mix the paint but it's the same thing.

Btw please post those pics of that truck you had!

• 4 weeks later...

What did u use for tubs got a slamed s10 in works a want it clean like that.

[/qu

For the wheel tubs I just use a spray paint can lid and just slowly cut it down and filed it down to fit just right it was really simple to do just take's some time . If you have any questions just let me know and im more than happy to help you out.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys its been awhile since i have been building and i finally got some new paint on this s-10.I also painted the frame , the truck is almost finished i will probably finish it up tonight. This has been a long going project but a fun one, i hope you guys like the few pics i post let me know what you think, Thanks for looking.

this is the truck mocked up

DSCN0084.jpg

here is a pic of the back half

DSCN0087.jpg

a little interior shot

DSCN0093.jpg

That's all ill save the best for the under glass