Model Cars Magazine Forum

what your favirote model pickup truck you've ever built

• 3 weeks later...

I really can not decide on any ONE vehicle . Each one represented it's own unique set of challenges . The first , an R & R 1935 Ford has been one of my most challenging as I was told by Ole Ray that this was a simple drop on A M T's 34 Ford chassis . Yeah, that and a nickel won't pay ya out of a traffic jam on the Gulf freeway .

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

The frame was entirely scratch built as this truck was/ is scaled at something in between 1-23rd and 1-28th .

Ed Shaver

• 1 month later...

AMT's 1963 Ford F-100 with the go kart.

This model had 3 custom grilles,hood scoop,roof scoop,rear window fillers,tonneau cover,hydraulic lifts,rear fender fins,tailgate filler,custom taillights,rolled pans,nerf bars,spot lights,chrome steel wheels,knock-off gas cap,side pipes,steering wheel cover,head rests,telephone,gear shift,a cute little statue of AMT's THE KAT,and a really unique Paxton style supercharger.

It also had a service truck option with flashing red roof light,running lights,push bumper,gas and oil cans,lug and torque wrenches,pit board,and air horns.

Even the go-kart could be built two ways!

It's at the very top of my wanted reissue list.It was reissued in the late 60's with a over the cab camper cap.

Lots of great looking pickups fellas!! B)

Hard to choose just one since I enjoy building pickups and trucks so much!

So here are a couple of mine.

'53 Ford P/U - model of many firsts for me: wired engine, tubbed rear chassis, scratchbuilt tonneau cover and tailgate.

Maurdercon2008007-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

'96 Chevy C3500 Duallie Just finished this one and it's near the top!!

100_1486-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

'55 Chevy P/U Street Machine

MarksModels063-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

'93 Chevy C1500 - A model built of a friend's real pickup. This was a fun model to build!

100_1993-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

'55 Chevy Crewcab may become my new favorite!

100_1506-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Wheels

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know I liked pickups so much until this thread! It looks like I need to get those in my stash built to go with the only one I have done ...

55ChevyCameo_LeftFt_DSC9816.jpg

55Cameo_RearDSC_1423.jpg

Not to be a nit-picker, but the bed on the Cameo truck was fiberglass, and thus did not rust.