Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Pocher F40 Ferrari

Romell R

I've built the Testarossa Spyder and a bunch of the Porsche "911"'s, and had an F40 I thought I wanted to do the whole bit on until I saw how crudely the main components of the whole car were produced. I think the upgrade/detail supplemental parts are the only way it makes the F40 worth it. I've seen one that was very, very nice. But to do the real car justice, and justify the price of the transkit you'll need to strip the paint off, prep the surface properly, and do a quality respray and polishing job.

You are 100% correct When I got this one it was used and the red paint was in bad shape , I stripped it down to bare metal and re finished it. My next project is gonna be the pocher 911 and I'll do a full detail on that also.

• 1 month later...

WOW! I was never a big fan of the Pocher kit - as I thought it was a bit too toy like for this scale, but with your skill and that transkit this is truly turning out to be a masterpiece. I am speechless! Keep up the good work - I will be watching with interest.

• 2 years later...

Hello only just descovered this project of yours was it ever finished?

Would like to ask a few questions, i recently purchased the pocher ferrari f40 from ebay it is unbuilt and was still sealed and having looked at the body it does look amazing but the plastic parts look cheap and not really any detail to it at all, i believe the autograph transkit is still made but on there website it is out of stock so hopefully i can still get my hands on one seems very expensive but should be worth the money and time.

My questions are:

What paints did you use? and how was it applied?

Did you have to source any parts yourself or is everything included in the autograph transkit?

On the rear end of the f40 how did you cut through the metal to create the see through vents as on the pocher model these are solid, if you know what i mean.

Im new to this model car building hobby so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by shawry13