Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mags at Barnes and Noble, please let's help the cause!

Okay guys, I think it would be cool to post the Barnes and Noble stores in which you have seen the magazine being sold. It will not only help Gregg have an idea how it's actually circulating among the stores but I think it will also help some people with locations and availability.

So far, at least here in Maryland, I have seen them in the following places:

1- Barnes and Noble White Marsh store.

2- Barnes and Noble Bel Air store.

3- Barnes and Noble Towson Store.

I must admit that I didn't get to see it at the Bel Air store but upon asking one of the store workers, she told me they were sold out. There was only one copy at each of the other stores. Thanks!

Edited by cruz

I think it is great that the mag will be available in a book store .But as a long time subscriber I can tell you a subscription is the only way to go if you can swing it. You will never miss an issue although sometimes the mag can come a little bent up. I for one would pay more to have it in the clear plastic sleeve but you don't see that too much anymore.

I think it is great that the mag will be available in a book store .But as a long time subscriber I can tell you a subscription is the only way to go if you can swing it. You will never miss an issue although sometimes the mag can come a little bent up. I for one would pay more to have it in the clear plastic sleeve but you don't see that too much anymore.

Cruz,

Thanks for the heads up, is the new magazine or the July issue? I ask as my subscription has run out and it might be awhile before I renew and I don't want to drive to the store if I already have the most current magazine.

Thanks!

I also think that the subscription is the best way to go my friend, no doubt about that but some people need choices. The magazine is for the July issue. Thanks guys!

Geez, I would love to but both Barnes n Noble AND Borders closed up around here!!! :angry: I'm glad I'm a subscriber!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree that a sub is the way to go. Much cheaper on a per copy basis than buying them one issue at a time at the store.

I have to agree that a sub is the way to go. Much cheaper on a per copy basis than buying them one issue at a time at the store.

Plus, IF yu subscribe and your missed an issue, OR it gets damaged by the USPS, the NICE ladies at Golden Bell will gladly send you a NEW one!!!! :D;)^_^

The 3 B &N's near me have not gotten in any yet. When asked if they will be getting it in the response

has been to stare at an apparent 3rd eyeball on my forehead and grunt "Idunno"

The 2 Hobbytowns in town don't carry it, and have little interest in anything that isn't

RC related. Thankfully my favorite little LHS (Chesterfield Hobby) always gets in lots of copies

and gives me a reason to stop in frequently.

Rick in Richmond

the Barns and Noble in UT I've not seen it.it used to be but not in many years.I found out that at my LHs.they do carry it but it is in the back storage and you have to ask for one.....there not in the store part.Thanks,Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I was passing through Bismark N.D. (and spending the night) at the end of July and expecting to spend a boring night in a motel room. Stopped in at Banes & Noble and bought the last copy of Model Cars on their shelf. My evening went from boring to an enjoyable couple of hours. My only criticism is that the mag only took a couple of hours to go through in detail.

rob