Model Cars Magazine Forum

Websites-- Supplies for Hobbies?

Where is some good webistes for paint? Spray paints mainly. I live n a small town. Only hobby store we have is just about out of business, has mainly flowers and nic nack stuff for wreath builders, lol. They used to have a large selection of paints, etc., but last few times i went there its basically wiped out of supplies. There is a Michaels but its really limited on the supplies as well.

Anyone have a brand name of paint that works good on plastic model kits? Need a charcoal grey. Got a Lincoln Mk8 pro street.

You could try Perfect Match from your local auto parts store. They are auto touch up paints in cans, similar prep and prime work to using other rattle cans. price isn't bad either. If you want a dark grey I did my Super Stallion in 'Dark Grey Metallic' I got it at Autozone or O'reilley's i forget.

post-9517-0-34549800-1382209506_thumb.jp

Found a RC car shop that I been meaning to stop at, its kinda new in town. He had some Tamiya spray cans. Found a Grey/Green, looks nice except bubbled up in a few spots. Took the primer undercoat with it when I went to scrape it off. Got most of it worked out, gonna be fine once I put some stickers over the spots, lol.. I'll post some pics once I get it done.

Found a RC car shop that I been meaning to stop at, its kinda new in town. He had some Tamiya spray cans. Found a Grey/Green, looks nice except bubbled up in a few spots. Took the primer undercoat with it when I went to scrape it off. Got most of it worked out, gonna be fine once I put some stickers over the spots, lol.. I'll post some pics once I get it done.

Did you use the tamiya primer as well along with the tamiya paint?