Model Cars Magazine Forum

Air-Trax - Resin Kits of many British and German Cars

is that vw type 3 really the euro ghia that bill geary pictured, or is it a squareback or notchback? its the one that most draws my attention and i would buy a type 3 ghia in a heartbeat.

and yes on the 181 aka "the thing" aka trekker/safari depending on where it was sold!

just emailed them after i saw this post and alas the "Type 3 VW" is a notchback,not the type 3 ghia.

too bad but they sent me a pdf of their catalogue so i am sure i will get interested in something else...but boy do i wish they offered the euro ghia body style.

• 2 weeks later...

just emailed them after i saw this post and alas the "Type 3 VW" is a notchback,not the type 3 ghia.

too bad but they sent me a pdf of their catalogue so i am sure i will get interested in something else...but boy do i wish they offered the euro ghia body style.

I made some research concerning the Typ 3 Ghia... should be a piece of cake, so perhaps within a year. Can you wait that long?

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I picked these from Juha:

1grmyq.jpg

jv515j.jpg

1z37bwo.jpg

Couldn't be any happier !!! :D

Saw some possible future releases as well, three vintage small european cars (one with a small flathead V-8) and a huge American from the 60's that's going to please a few. I can hardly wait!!!

1grmyq.jpg

jv515j.jpg

1z37bwo.jpg

Couldn't be any happier !!! :D

Saw some possible future releases as well, three vintage small european cars (one with a small flathead V-8) and a huge American from the 60's that's going to please a few. I can hardly wait!!!

Is it possible to order these kits directly form the guys of Air-trax? If so, do you have an email adress.

Michael

Is it possible to order these kits directly form the guys of Air-trax? If so, do you have an email adress.

Michael

Michael, (and all the other guys,)

It is just about the only way to order! My addy is raurata(at)yahoo(dot)com.

The near future releases also include a Jaguar mk10, Peugeot 404, Alfa Romeo 1900 CSS, and Ferrari 250 GTE.

Tapani

Edited by Tapani

1grmyq.jpg

jv515j.jpg

1z37bwo.jpg

Couldn't be any happier !!! :lol:

I've been hoping someone would do this, even in resin. What a nice-looking model. One of my friends in high school's mother had one. White, blue interior and landau top. Very pretty car.

I'm guessing a B-body chassis would be a good start for the chassis? Any ideas for wheels?

No matter, I'm going to buy one!

Charlie Larkin

I've been hoping someone would do this, even in resin. What a nice-looking model. One of my friends in high school's mother had one. White, blue interior and landau top. Very pretty car.

I'm guessing a B-body chassis would be a good start for the chassis? Any ideas for wheels?

No matter, I'm going to buy one!

Charlie Larkin

b body wont work, the volare chassis has the transverse mounted torsion bars

Charlie, the Mirada comes with these wheels:

33o2t6d.jpg

Juha showed me how easily the interior just drops onto the AMT '71 Duster platform, as if it was meant to be that way. The chassis plate will need to be lenghtened about 5mm in the back and about 1mm will need to be added to the front suspencion parts to relocate the wheels to the center of the wheelwells. You also need to modify the torsion bars like Jeff told. The engine and trans could come from the same kit along with the tires.

Charlie, the Mirada comes with these wheels:

33o2t6d.jpg

Juha showed me how easily the interior just drops onto the AMT '71 Duster platform, as if it was meant to be that way. The chassis plate will need to be lenghtened about 5mm in the back and about 1mm will need to be added to the front suspencion parts to relocate the wheels to the center of the wheelwells. You also need to modify the torsion bars like Jeff told. The engine and trans could come from the same kit along with the tires.

Beautiful. The Lindberg has a Slant Six, and a Torqueflite 904 Transmission, since not too many Miradas came through with a 4-Speed Transmission. The 904 was the automatic transmission for the small block Mopar engine of the period. I'll get one when I can scrape up the money.

b body wont work, the volare chassis has the transverse mounted torsion bars

The Duster could work, but I'm not that comfortable hacking stuff up. I KNOW I'll do something wrong and with my budget, I can't afford that now.

Jeff- do you have a Volare' chassis floating around? If so, what would a casting cost?

Or- any feel how much the F-body kits are trading for anyone?

Charlie Larkin

• 2 weeks later...

>I made some research concerning the Typ 3 Ghia... should be a piece of cake, so perhaps within a year. Can you wait that long?

sorry it took me a while to get back here but let me assure you: if you offer a type 3 ghia now or in a year or two, and i know about it, i will be your first customer!

and i think its so great that juha is putting his vast talents to this enterprise. ive admired the guy from day 1 and watched him (vicariously, through various magazine articles) transform bodies like magic. and now we can buy copies of some of his work! fantastic!

(sorry didnt mean to gush!)

That Mirada is a MUST have for me!

How much! How do we order!

Sorry if you have already been asked this!

I just happen to have a Volare chassis sitting here with no body. :)

You can order from me, raurata(at)yahoo(dot)com. Juha said just today it needs a '71 Duster for donor kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Your always been a teaser Tapani!

I have some pictures here: http://public.fotki.com/bugace/plastic-modelbuilding/model-kit-companies/air-trax-1/

Sorry too say I have yet too picture all theire kits. Some of these I have my self, but far from all.

I will just add one thing here. Tapani is one great guy, and if You order, You will get Your model. I have helped builders in the US, and Oceania getting Air-Trax kits. If You have Paypal, it is very easy.

What Tapani doesn't tell all is that he like cars from before 1962. If he does the Ghia T3, he suprices me, but he have done some others beeing newer models as well.

Now Tapani, I need a Cortina SW. I'm not in need of wheels'n tires, or seats. How much do You ask then?

Edited by Bugace