Model Cars Magazine Forum

For sale Plymouth Duster 50 Bucks !

Pat Minarick

Anyone remember what commercial (For sale Plymouth Duster 50 Bucks)was in?

This is what I built for the 2013 Cannonball Run CBP .I built it to look like an old rusty Duster that would be lucky to keep up on the Interstates .With a Viper chassis and a V10 hidden under the body ,it should :D

IMG_4668_zpsec9146b4.jpg

IMG_4666_zps256bbdfe.jpg

IMG_4665_zpsa0e9e5e1.jpg

IMG_4664_zps8238b0cd.jpg

IMG_4661_zpsfc0f4ef6.jpg

IMG_4663_zpse3b779e6.jpg

IMG_4642_zpsf7696bf7.jpgIMG_4671_zps150f151c.jpg

Edited by Road Runner 79

Pat, I really like your Duster. You did a great job on weathering and that Viper chassis under it brings a smile when I see it there. It seems to belong there. It's nothing you did but, I am surprised the Viper underpinnings didn't bring the car down to the ground further. Good thing they didn't or that would have ruined the look you were going for.

Edited by Skydime

Very very cool weathering job on that Duster. I love the choice of replaced panels and the quarter windows too.

The summer of 1977 I had the opportunity to buy a 1976 Duster from a girl I knew who had bought it new and got overwhelmed with the payments. It was silver with a red bucket interior, console and red pin stripes. Remember, that was back when the Ford Granada had every car copying the silver and red theme. Slant six auto car with air conditioning. Low miles and $1500 would get her out of trouble. Of course I didn't have the $1500 and my father vetoed it!