Model Cars Magazine Forum

1986 Dale Earnhardt Wrangler Monte Carlo

JFortner5

That looks great Joey! Being a Sr. fan myself, that was one of my favorite cars too. I have a collectible diecast of the "Pass in the Grass" of that car. Always wanted to build that kit. Did indeed have it at one time but when I stepped away from the hobby it went away with all my kits. I am now just getting back into the saddle again and I am revved up and ready to go. Building NASCAR kits of Dale Sr. & Dale Jr. were what I enjoyed.

Thanks!

Yeah I've got it bad again. I still have to build the other car that came with this kit but I just ordered a 95 #3 Monte Carlo and a Darrel Waltrip #17 Western Auto parts kit. The latter is an AMT kit which I've never built so we'll see how that goes.

Edit: My wife thinks I'm crazy.

Edited by JFortner5

I told myself when I finished Dales cars I wanted to build the (I think revell) 1950 chevy 3100 pickup. I remember doing it as a kid. Ill get to it eventually.

I just couldn't help myself when I was looking on eBay.

The 50 chev 3100 is amt (round 2) ...If your thinking of the Texaco one!?

I remember it being just a stock pickup with an inline 6. It seems like the picture of it on the box it was painted black.

I could be way off, that was probably 1998. I think I said somewhere that this was my first model in 10 years but its probably really closer to 15. Time sure does fly.

Thanks!

Yeah I've got it bad again. I still have to build the other car that came with this kit but I just ordered a 95 #3 Monte Carlo and a Darrel Waltrip #17 Western Auto parts kit. The latter is an AMT kit which I've never built so we'll see how that goes.

Edit: My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I had that Waltrip kit myself and it came out nice once it was done. Is it the chrome painted one? I had quite a few built along with a bunch of military models and dioramas but when my wife and I separated, she cleaned house and everything I had stored in the garage went in the garbage...lol. So now I start over. The only thing I was able to locate was a Budweiser #8 Dale Jr Monte Carlo shell I had painted and decaled and a few military figure kits that were never started. Don't know how they survived!!! So here I am, a few years later trying to get back in the swing.

Edited by pa3de8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, and I hope to see yours soon.

I haven't been online in a while, I've been busy and honestly a bit lazy lately and haven't spent much time building. I've been tinkering here and there but I may try to get my next one done soon. I'll start another thread for it.