Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

that looks great Tom as a beige every day car. When I was growing up my next door neighbor had one of those in blue. It was usually parked at the curb and died a cruel death because of it. We lived on a semi-main road that fed into the development. Although it was a 25 mph zone, that was merely a suggestion. Cars would fly through there at 50. The neighbor lived at the exact point that this straight road took the slightest change to the left, so slight that you'd not even notice it when driving, but enough to mess with drunks who would continue to steer straight and right into the back of the blue Chevelle! That happened at least three times. One of those times the car was pushed forward into my '77 LTD II, putting a minor dent in my back bumper. The final time the Chevelle got hit, the drunk hit it hard enough to send it up the curb into a telephone pole, totaling it. I guess we all have these stories!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Absolutely wonderful! Put a blue vinyl roof on that Tom an you'll be modeling my first car (if it ever looked that good). A great sales tool because I've never been so tempted to jump in on this.

A blue roof on a creme colored car?????? :wacko:

That's the mid-70's - early-80's for you ! Really gross colour combinations ...

A buddy o mine had a '73 Impala coupe that was dark blue with a puke green interior. We figured the only way to save it was to paint the car a color that contrasted with the green since it would be too hard to change out the entire interior! He never got that far, sold the car to buy a Firebird.

A blue roof on a creme colored car?????? :wacko:

Nah, it was white. I thought the lighting made the model look creme.

That's the mid-70's - early-80's for you ! Really gross colour combinations ...

There were some head scratchers but those make some of the best rep stock builds because they're color choices most modelers wouldn't choose for themselves.

• 3 months later...

Mine arrived today. It is Top Notch quality! Also the body shapes look excellent to me. Shipping was very fast, less than a week to Finland and Kevin is a nice guy to deal with. Everything looks perfect to me. Here are pics of the parts that the kit includes.

DSCN8478-vi.jpg

DSCN8489-vi.jpg

DSCN8482-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/NostalgicDrag/missing-link-resins/

I will be posting a WIP Thread in Drag Racing Models soon. I have the donor kit on my bench already. I will post a link for that also when I get there. Thanks You, Kevin!

Mine arrived today. It is Top Notch quality! Also the body shapes look excellent to me. Shipping was very fast, less than a week to Finland and Kevin is a nice guy to deal with. Everything looks perfect to me. Here are pics of the parts that the kit includes.

DSCN8478-vi.jpg

I've got to say, it makes perfect sense that you would buy one, Niko. Are you going to do a replica of your drag car?

-MJS

thank you for your purchase, it sure showed up fast!

Yep, the shipping was surprisingly fast, usually it takes a bit longer for goodies to arrive from the States. Thanks Again :) !

I've got to say, it makes perfect sense that you would buy one, Niko. Are you going to do a replica of your drag car?

-MJS

Not yet, the real one is '74 Chevelle so it has some differences. But at some time I must build a replica. At least it's easy to get reference material. :D

• 1 month later...