Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Jonathan the front seat you want is included in the original Caprice taxi/police car kit the SS came from. I'd look for one of those before converting the "ahem" unpainted buckets.

G

I was reading a spec sheet for the caprice and it list both options, but that was for a 93/94, so would it be different for the 91?, I know PHX PD used the 45/45 split on there 94/95 9C1's , not going to post the photo, the link will show what I am talking about

scroll down to the fifth pic and you can see the 45/45 split

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2152594/1995-chevrolet-caprice

Here is the interior pics, I tired to get as close to the med blue that was used, should also add I the body is painted, just letting it finish curing before I figure out what way I am going to smooth out the paint.

cp3-1.jpg

cp4-1.jpg

This is a mock up, I have since painted the tunnel black

cp5-1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

As far as I know the '91-'94 models used the same style front bench seat when ordered. Remember it was about this time OSHA and CALEA mandated equipment comply with air bag deployment zones. Hence buckets, as this allowed more room to mount various bits and bobs between the seats away from the airbags. My '93 had the 45-45 front bench with the center arm rest removed to allow a shotgun to be mounted.

It is conceivable to have a 91-93, such as you have built, with buckets. BTW that photo you refer to is of bucket seats, not a 45-45 bench.

Also recall 91-93 models offered black, dk. blue and tan color interiors only. 94-96 switched to a lt blue/gray, tan, maroon (yes maroon) and charcoal.

G

Son, we are just getting started.

Don't make me tell you what MrsG said about you either.....................................

:o

G

I dont think I want to know what MrsG said :lol::o

Here is the interior, almost done, the only things missing is the cage, not sure if I like the one I built looks, I also used the MDT from the CVPI kit instead of the kit computer

cp8-1.jpg

And the body, no clear, just rub it out then polished up,

cp7-1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Where you gonna find a cop that would drive a car with a Baby Blue interior??? :o

What you thinkin,' Willard?

Its not baby blue, its lighter in the pic then in person, I would say you can see for yourself at the Dec meeting, but now between you and G, I have a complex over this build, thanks guys ;)

I guess I will focus on the secret build for Dec now instead

Edited by martinfan5

Got an update on my pumper build...wont be able to get pics up for a bit...trying to get the body squared away...just realized a couple things i need to correct....i may have to shorten the frame down about half of what i though i would need to do....its a mid mount body not a side mount! :angry: ugh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My grammar sux, especially when it comes to slang.....................................

That's a good start on the truck, but I see what you mean. There is too much space between the cab and the body. Someone, somewhere markets those slamlocks. I just cannot remember who.................

G

Danno, I was going to ask you this in person at the meeting, forgot, then at GG, but wasn't a good time, now I can ask Wayne too, I am using a Jetsonic bar for the Caprice, the siren version, my question is about the top part of the domes, I was under the impression that the top part , middle of the domes were black , but I did a image search and the pics that I could find looking down at the tops showed them to be clear.