Model Cars Magazine Forum

SUPER PRO MOD

baddgass

Mide as well hand the hammer over to me.Just kidding. I really would'nt hit you with a hammer I'll just make you sweat it out. Learn how to turn off your CAP LOCK when you message a personal mess. Mr Bad Gass engineer.

Nooooo, DJ. I'MA SMASH YA'LL CARS WIT DA HAMMA. :D:D Answer yo phone, I might of had something for you.

Mide as well hand the hammer over to me.Just kidding. I really would'nt hit you with a hammer I'll just make you sweat it out. Learn how to turn off your CAP LOCK when you message a personal mess. Mr Bad Gass engineer.

Like i said, man hows father has a old WJ Chassis. If you think u r the only one how knows a thing or too a about a race car or model car. :D Frist we will hand u the hammer, seeing u r in the stone age, driveing in nails with rocks and benting styrene rods with bic lighters. U do some nice work, but u must have a BIG HEAD to think your work is all that. So get your best stuff and come down to BUFFCON, ROCCON,or make it ez on u Buckeye Classic Model Car Contest ( Sunday March 27, 2011 )and put-up or shut-up. :D

• 3 months later...

Thanks Bro. going back to work on it soon.

I hope you do get back to this one... I know where Rome is at with his and would really like to see some progress on yours... I really like these 'Lac's and would like to see one of them finished... LOL

• 8 months later...

Looking good Derrick, I have always wanted to do a XLR Pro Mod ever since they were announced. You were asking for feedback on the rear wing. As for length I say you are pretty darn close, so not necessary to change it. I was looking all over the net and finding one with a wing... is pretty much impossible! So anything at this point is pretty much accurate as to however you want to make it. But if you are shooting for the Warlock pic, my only feedback would be the front extensions. In the Warlock pic they start just to the back of the side window. Where your's if I am looking at this correctly it looks like they start at the Door line, just a bit off but nothing to get worried about, as it looks like it was made that way to compensate for the larger Wheel Tubs!

Here is an Outlaw 10.5 car (Cad Attack) that you can use for body references for the front valance and rear valance. It shows that it has the relief cut like a pro mod would for the wheelie bars as well. I think this will help get you down where you need to be. Because it looks like you compensated by raising the body and changing the height of the front valance, so those darn wheelie bars would fit out back.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/619202-outlaw-cadillac-xlr-pics-vid.html

The guy posted a video and around that 3 minute mark you can see the back of the car. I hope this helps anyone looking for other reference pics... For Turbo builders, there is a great pic on the plumbing and everything.

I had to chuckle for a second with the little motorcycle/lawn mower motor... You know it just may go a bit faster if you put another one on the other side. It looks like if you ran that chain in to the passenger and drivers side and put peddles on it, who knows.. you could have raw MAN POWER.. instead of raw Horse Power! LOL