Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why can I find every color of flocking except black!?

Are you painting the interior black? If so, use white flocking and then paint the interior black. I saw an article a while back where the author mentions using white flocking on all of his builds and then paints the area whatever color the rest of the interior will be.

Try looking in the scrapbooking section at a Hobby Lobby, Michaels or A.C. Moore for embossing powder, said to be more realistic and cheaper.

Are you painting the interior black? If so, use white flocking and then paint the interior black. I saw an article a while back where the author mentions using white flocking on all of his builds and then paints the area whatever color the rest of the interior will be.

Try looking in the scrapbooking section at a Hobby Lobby, Michaels or A.C. Moore for embossing powder, said to be more realistic and cheaper.

I looked at embossing powder at HL yesterday and it seemed to be to granular looking for my taste.

Check Hobby Lobby or Michael's if you've got one nearby. Michael's usually has the black flocking, and HL recently started carrying black embossing powder which is even better.

Didn't care for the granular look of the powder, I will look for the velour at Michael's tonight, Thanks!!!

Try www.modelempireusa.com. I believe they have Ken's Fuzzi-Fur. They don't sell a whole lot of it and you may luck out. They may have a few vials. Get the phone # from the website and give them a call.

**Went on their site to the online catalog...scroll down to page 56 for the Fuzzi-Fur. $2.29 ea. + shipping.

Edited by The70judgeman

Embossing powder does look granular (hey it's powder after all), but once applied looks a great deal more in scale than chopped up carpet fibers. Get a "shaker" (the top usually has a bulk "applicator" and then a smaller side that looks like a salt shaker) in clear, paint out to match the inferior, and for $2.89 you'll have whatever color carpeting you want for a few dozen models.

Embossing powder does look granular (hey it's powder after all), but once applied looks a great deal more in scale than chopped up carpet fibers. Get a "shaker" (the top usually has a bulk "applicator" and then a smaller side that looks like a salt shaker) in clear, paint out to match the inferior, and for $2.89 you'll have whatever color carpeting you want for a few dozen models.

I picked some up from Michaels for $5. I figured the heck with it, I'll try it out and order flocking in the mean time.

Check Hobby Lobby or Michael's if you've got one nearby. Michael's usually has the black flocking, and HL recently started carrying black embossing powder which is even better.

This is the truth embossing powder is way better than any flocking. Easier to use and the end product is smoother than any fuzzy fur and the amount for the price is even better just use a 40% coupon go look in the scrapbooking section in the Martha Stewart section. But if you looking for that 70's shag style carpet then if you really really can't find black then like mikemodeler said do the white thing.