Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Tamiya Enzo Full build kit with upcoming Scalemotorsport CF decals

David Thibodeau

So I was on vacation in July and I get this email from Matt Wells asking if I was up to build a 1/12 ENZO TAMIYA kit with full Carbon decals....

Of course twist my arm on that one!! ;D

So after a week the kit arrives.. and what a kit it is!!

Lets start!

The engine here is complete... What a fantastic engineered kit this is. The only thing I added heree was cigarette foil to the heat shield by the transmission.

P1010585-vi.jpg

P1010586-vi.jpg

P1010587-vi.jpg

P1010589-vi.jpg

Building it out of the box is quite impressive.... especially when the entire body is like

this:

P1010590-vi.jpg

P1010591-vi.jpg

I will clear it as soon as I get the rest of the CF templates applied... its pretty time consuming!!

I finally have the body components clear coated. I shot them with a large tip in my Badger 350. It is the gun I use exclusivey for clearing. Then I polished each panel carefully with 2000 and 3M compound.

P1010592-vi.jpg

P1010594-vi.jpg

P1010593-vi.jpg

P1010596-vi.jpg

I shot the wheels with Tamiya Gunmetal acrylic.

P1010597-vi.jpg

]

Flawless as usual. If this is going to be half as good as the FXX it should be amazing. Add on the larger scale and who knows, Ferrari may come calling for a new engineer. I went back and looked at the FXX kit you completed, which btw is sitting on my shelf screaming at me to attempt start, and i noticed that the carbon fiber is much more black in color on the FXX. Is the Enzo kits carbon fiber grayer than the FXX or is the pictures?

Robert

The heat shield is stuff I had laying around in sheets. Not from the packs themselves...

The CF on this one is true colore CF where the CF on my FXX SMS kit was overlays you laid over black paint so yes it was darker.

Thanks guys... I am moving along on this one...

Front end is started on the monocoque... All of this will not be seen once the luggage tub is installed.. Yu could go nuts in this compartment!

P1010601-vi.jpg

Speaking of the luggage compartment, I covered it in embossing black powder.. Looks more realistic to me than paint.

P1010600-vi.jpg

And with the compartment installed.

P1010604-vi.jpg

Then the front suspension was installed....

P1010605-vi.jpg

Some reg CF weave applied

P1010602-vi.jpg

Rear CF applied

P1010603-vi.jpg

With the front clip added

P1010608-vi.jpg

more soon!!