Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Announced The Spinner Police Car in 1/24

Junkman

Fujimi announced a 1/24 scale plastic kit of the Spinner from the movie "TheBlade Runner".

Hopefully this will be the first of many Syd Mead designed vehicles from that film to be rendered in styrene.

fuj09132.jpg

Edited by Junkman

It is outrageously expensive given what you get. Must be licensing fees. But it is such a must have that I will cough up the dough.

Remember the Nero car from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Wave? It was the same story. And look what those command nowadays.

Interesting. I still want one but the prices are just nuts.

Thanks for the info.

Bob

I was quite surprised myself, when I found out. It wasn't exactly cheap to begin with, I think also around 60 Dollars or thereabouts.

I bought two, one for a friend, one for myself. That must have been around 2005. When another friend saw them, he wanted one too, that was last year. So I tried to get one for him, but faced being outbid on three occasions, all ending in the 300$ neighborhood.

If you check now, there isn't one on Ebay, and a quick search on the interweb didn't yield any for sale either.

Those hardcore movie memorabilia collectors must be in a different income group than us poor car modellers.

Edited by Junkman

Hopefully now someone will do the Fifth Element cab. Or have they?

No kit, but I have seen some 'curbside'-style replicas of it. The company was called 'Hollywood Collectibles'. I know for a fact they did a diorama, but I don't know if they sold the cars individually. I have seen just the cabs, but I can't say if they're made by HC or not.

http://hollywood-collectibles.com/fifth_element_cars.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my two kits....worth the $100 to any die hard BR fan. They are not perfect kits.....they can be built into a decent shelf model but I am going to rework mine into a more accurate model. Two Tamiya Ralley car figures reworked into Gaf and Decard and it will make a nice model. A 5th Element Taxi would be a great follow up....or any Syd MEad vehicle.....and the Japanese LOVE Mead....but I doubt we will se any.