Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 releases

stevez

The Daytona coupe would be nice it also announced last year but we still have not seen it! Hopefully it will be available to the U.S. market. I know they have some 1/43 kits that are not as well as they also had a Cobra kit out but it was a rehash old the old Sunny kit which was a 427 body with 289 underpinnings.

Edited by bigphoto

• 2 weeks later...

AMT apparently was going to do a plastic kit, but ended up doing it as an Ertl diecast instead.

unless I'm totally confused, Revell had plans to issue a '50 Olds long before the AMT announcement that fell on it's face a few years ago, but at that time, (decades ago it seems like) AMT again dropped the baby ruth in the punch bowl with an announcement that they were issuing the same unicorn type model. The result? You guessed it neither one followed through, probably 'cause of fears the other one would. But here we are, years later with several '32 Fords, from both companies, a plethora of various '57 Chevys, & not one '50 Olds kit on the shelves yet. Go figure. :huh:

unless I'm totally confused, Revell had plans to issue a '50 Olds long before the AMT announcement that fell on it's face a few years ago, but at that time, (decades ago it seems like) AMT again dropped the baby ruth in the punch bowl with an announcement that they were issuing the same unicorn type model. The result? You guessed it neither one followed through, probably 'cause of fears the other one would. But here we are, years later with several '32 Fords, from both companies, a plethora of various '57 Chevys, & not one '50 Olds kit on the shelves yet. Go figure. :huh:

Interesting...never heard about any Revell '50 Olds plans before the recent 2012 announcement. AMT had made an announcement some years ago after ERTL had done that subject as a 1:25th scale diecast. Anyhoo, it sounds like a bunch of interesting stuff is coming for '12.

Should be the same kit as the Stone, Woods, & Cook and also the Big John Willys with different decals as

Revell is trying to get the most bang for their buck out of this Willys kit tooling. In these days I don't think that any model manufacturer is going to be cranking out new kits like in the good old days.