Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Moebius Kit Announcements

Absolutely - I'd love to see both versions! Although there are a LOT of differences (in addition to engines) between a stock Cyclone and the A/FX drag versions.

Probably nothing a T-Bolt chassis couldn't fix B)

Loved those '65 Comet front ends; tried to find a front clip for a 1:1 '64 Falcon sedan delivery I had years ago but never got it done :unsure:

mike

Probably nothing a T-Bolt chassis couldn't fix B)

mike

Yes, I was thinking along those lines too - most of the T-Bolt stuff would work. Depending on the specific car - at a specific time, different front suspension set-ups were used: modified stock suspension, straight axles. The B/FX cars used 289s, the A/FX and exhibition cars used the 427 and later the cammer. Lots of changes in a short time on these cars . . . right on the cusp of the funny car era.

61 Ventura ? Awesome! Hope it has the 8 lug wheels

the Ventura is based on the Nova platform, & to my knowledge the eight lug wheels were never used on the "smaller" cars. Oop's, I was thinking of the later Ventura's from the '70s, maybe some enterprising resin caster has the eight lug wheels already

Edited by horsepower

the Ventura is based on the Nova platform, & to my knowledge the eight lug wheels were never used on the "smaller" cars.

You are thinking of the '70s Ventura II and Ventura...

The '61 B-body Ventura was basically an uplevel trim version of the Catalina. And yes, 8 lug wheels were used on them, the stock photo Moeibus used shows them.

Edited by Rob Hall

Might those actually be factory chromed steel wheels?

Just to clarify: the non-stock Comets in the photo I was referring to have later factory wheels, but stock '65 Cyclones (which I'm assuming is what Moebius plans to produce) came with hubcaps that resembled chrome wheels. Not a lot of discernible difference in 1/25th scale, I'll admit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181235169677?lpid=82

I am excited about Moebius doing the 1965 Cyclone. I have wanted to build one for years but nobody really did a street car. MCW has a couple drag cars and I know Perry's Resin showed a street kit but I don't think any of the cars had correct emblems and front grill. With the 70 1/25 Revell Cuda and the 1956 Chrysler 300B from Moebius it should be an exciting 12 months for new releases.

• 2 months later...

What I find kinda odd, is that in the current issue of Modelcars has the Ihobby info, and Moebius lists that Comet and Ventura kit are both listed as having spring releases, but we have not heard nearly as much about them here on the forums. Did they just fall into place more than the truck, not need as much work, what? Any thoughts?

What I find kinda odd, is that in the current issue of Modelcars has the Ihobby info, and Moebius lists that Comet and Ventura kit are both listed as having spring releases, but we have not heard nearly as much about them here on the forums. Did they just fall into place more than the truck, not need as much work, what? Any thoughts?

I would assume a Spring release for those is optimistic...probably will be much later. Or they are keeping their development efforts close to the chest and not publicizing it online...

Edited by Rob Hall

Was wondering about that - maybe Moebius has decided based on previous patterns to hold the announcements till a little closer to release?

Ford pickups look closer than the Hudson and 300s - hoping that trend continues, most especially with the Ventura...

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

I would assume a Spring release for those is optimistic...probably will be much later. Or they are keeping their development efforts close to the chest and not publicizing it online...

Been a while (if ever) since Moebius hit a release date. Not knocking them, I know how things can change and delay a project. I think spring is a bit optimistic for the cars, probably see the pickup in the spring, and the cars sometime this calendar year (yeah I know that's a little broad, but I'm trained to under-promise and over-deliver) . I have the final MSRP on these ($34.95 for the truck and $32.95 for the cars), that's usually a good indicator that the basic tooling is finished.

I think they did intentionally keep the cars under wraps until they were further along than they did with the pickup.

Been a while (if ever) since Moebius hit a release date. Not knocking them, I know how things can change and delay a project. I think spring is a bit optimistic for the cars, probably see the pickup in the spring, and the cars sometime this calendar year (yeah I know that's a little broad, but I'm trained to under-promise and over-deliver) . I have the final MSRP on these ($34.95 for the truck and $32.95 for the cars), that's usually a good indicator that the basic tooling is finished.

I think they did intentionally keep the cars under wraps until they were further along than they did with the pickup.

That is what they told me at IHOBBY. However, May-June was the timeframe I was given because the two cars are much farther along. Time will tell.

That is what they told me at IHOBBY. However, May-June was the timeframe I was given because the two cars are much farther along. Time will tell.

They're farther along with the cars than with the pickup? If that's the case, then May/June is far more likely. My experience with Moebius has been that they themselves don't really know 100% for sure until the final ready-for-sale production kits are loaded onto the container ship and on their way to the US (and even then they can get held up in US Customs, supposedly that happened to the ProStar) . Personally I don't care, I'm in no hurry and understand the realities of production, but I have customers who have preorders in for their kits and would like to know when to expect them.