Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next Issue?

38 Crush

the home page of this here very site cites the current issue as 192 January 2015 which includes an article on "kitbashing" a mooneyes dragster, something I might have an interest in. so it appears the next issue would be 193, not 194

jb

jb is right, it is issue 193 that is due, but at any rate, it is the Feb/March issue, and it is almost April. Good thing the place I work at doesn't ship stuff to customers as late as MCM continues to get the magazine out. Some people's sores spot is minor contours on a model being off, mine is magazines coming after the cover date, to each his own.

MCM can't get MCM out with any regularity. Case in point, Still have not recieved Feb issue, and now they start a lame slot cars magazine??

MCM can't get MCM out with any regularity. Case in point, Still have not recieved Feb issue, and now they start a lame slot cars magazine??

I'm just happy that there is MCM at all...and that I can get it delivered to my house.

Maybe there are other reasons for your issue not being in your hands yet that MCM has no control over.

Are you saying slot cars are lame or that the new magazine is lame?

I'd have to see the magazine before I'd say it was lame and even then I probly wouldn't call it lame since I doubt the guys publishing it would send out rectal emissions.

I'm just happy that there is MCM at all...and that I can get it delivered to my house.

Maybe there are other reasons for your issue not being in your hands yet that MCM has no control over.

Are you saying slot cars are lame or that the new magazine is lame?

I'd have to see the magazine before I'd say it was lame and even then I probly wouldn't call it lame since I doubt the guys publishing it would send out rectal emissions.

In over 10 years of subscribing there have been if lucky 2 issues on time. MCM has a horrible track record. Now they want to add another magazine?

In over 10 years of subscribing there have been if lucky 2 issues on time. MCM has a horrible track record. Now they want to add another magazine?

Nobody is more frustrated with the lateness of the magazine than I am. I could explain here why it's always late (there are several reasons), but explaining why wouldn't solve anything or make the magazine on time, so I won't get into it.

But... remember this: If you subscribe for a year's worth of MCM (9 issues), you will get 9 issues, a new issue approx. every month (the schedule varies because some of the issues are bi-monthly). But the bottom line is, you will get all 9 issues that you paid for.

True, they will probably arrive after the month listed on the cover, but in the end, what does that really matter? If we deleted the month altogether, and just labeled them as issue 194, 195, etc., with no mention of month, you would still get the same 9 magazines on the same schedule. So what's the difference if you get your "January" issue in February, as long as you get a new issue every month?

I don't mean to make excuses for the lateness, because there are really no good excuses. But really... the month listed on the cover is nothing more than a way to keep track of them, it has nothing to do with what's inside. As long as you're getting a new issue every month, does the month listed on the cover really matter?

In a similar way to the fact that incorrect details on models bother some and not others, this bothers me.

I get it. It bothers me, too.

I was just trying to make the point that the month listed on the cover has nothing to do with anything, really. But I do see your point, and agree with you.

It really bugs me that the other one always gets here before the month on the cover! That's not right, either.

Or some of the 1:1 magazines . . . arrive two months before the month on the cover! That's really not right. Screws up my whole sense of time.

I walk around thinking it's June already until MCM arrives and reminds me it's not even April yet! Sheeeeeeeeesh! Can't these publishers do anything right? Next thing you know, somebody will invent the internet and then I'll know exactly what day it is!! :o

What'll I do then?

I've gotten a Mustang Magazine in the mail several months after the listing for coming events have come and gone. Now that is annoying and getting it a month "late" would be an improvement for them.

Speaking of Mustangs - there was a mention of a history of Mustangs models edition. Is that in a future issue or is it a special edition of some kind?