Model Cars Magazine Forum

Liquid V Rod

Smart-Resins

Well, Here is my latest project. Had to take a break from the scooby van. This started life out as a partial AMT 3N1 Boat Customizing kit. I also had some (few) parts from a Hemi Hydro. It will be made into a "real wood" vintage V-drive drag boat powered by a (Revell parts pack) Caddy Motor. I am thinking white into yellow into fiery orange traditional flames perhaps with a candy purple shell? I have hacked and cut and glued for 2 days so far. Here are multiple progress picks.Now for the wood, I am using veneer and staining Red Mohagany. At this time, it is not glued down. Wich it wont be until the painting is done. The inside will all be done in wood making it appear to be a wooden boat with a fiberglas shell. Thanks. Jody

Yes.jpg

Yes001.jpg

Yes002.jpg

Yes003.jpg

LOl. I have been asked this before on another site. That would only be if it was a direct drive. However this is a V drive drag boat. The drive shaft goes toward the front of the boat into a transfer case, and another one out towards the rear of the boat for the prop. They both are at angles, wich looks like a V is why they are called V drive. Here is a pic to help explain.The first two show the transfer case and the V angle, the last one shows where the motor will sit. Thanks. Jody

Picture098.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture099.jpg

It is receiving the Revell Parts pack Caddy motor and I will try to find it a blower and scratch a manifold for it. Thanks. Jody
I think i do have a blower system.... But im not sure i will check. and if i do i will give it to you.

But it's small and it came off of a Small Block Ford? I will keep you updated if i find it