Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Lonestar on the bench

I'd say this is a month or so progress on this beast. I'm using both the Moebius and Revell Germany instructions to build since Revell's are a lot more detailed. I have had no fit issues whatsoever, everything has almost fallen into it's location; the engine took a little caressing to fit in it's place but it's mounted solid. The frame and interior accents (and soon the bodywork) are Testors Model Master Turquoise as are all my paints and glue. Used a little CA here and there. It's a blast!

Rear fenders are from a Revell Germany Alaska hauler and extra plated decking is from a Revell snap Pete.

BTW, a Moebius 53' will be hooked up to it.

post-906-0-61905200-1390176872_thumb.jpg

post-906-0-56755200-1390176885_thumb.jpg

Change of plans: the Revell fenders wouldn't match up without major re-locating of mounting holes, which would have made me drill right into crossmembers. So I decided to use the kit fenders, re-located back closer to wheels, looks a lot more accurae compared to where Moebius holes were. Images once I get the chassis finished.

Edited by weirich1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys , could you tell me how to access the instructions sheets on RoG , as I would probably try my hands at one , later on . I know I am a new poster here , but I have been '' lurking around '' and most importantly learning very much from you guys . Thank you very much . Pierre aka '' csp448 '' .