Model Cars Magazine Forum

TWICE DA CHEESE!

Dr. Cranky

Here are some progress shots . . . I decided to go with a bit more color on these two . . . just to imply--I hope--that the parts are coming from all over the place . . .

IMG_7-vi.jpg

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

Yeah, it is sitting pretty low on the rails . . . it took me a while to get it this low . . . and lots of interior tub accomodations (that will come tomorrow!)

IMG_0004-vi.jpg

I had sealed the decals with dullcoat, and also sanded down the rear wheels to give them a bit of character . . . I think little details like this pay off!!!

IMG_7-vi.jpg

I also put in the dash and put the dials behind it so that they are there in case someone looked close enough.

I wanted to give this vehicle two different sets of wheels, again just for interst sake.

IMG_6-vi.jpg

The decals and the dials look good . . .

IMG_8-vi.jpg

Here's a close up of that front. The grill gave me a bit of a hard time cause I had to drybrush some silver on the ribs . . . silver is not the best color to drybrush with . . .

IMG_0009-vi.jpg

Here's the yellow one . . . neither one of these builds has names yet, other than maybe ACES WILD, the green one, and this one, I don't know . . .

IMG_0011-vi.jpg

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

Finally got the interior pretty much done, except I'll come back and detail it with some stuff after it is in . . .

The cushions came out pretty good. I made them with this stuff from Games Workshop they call "greenstuff."

IMG_3-vi.jpg

The one over on the right I'm sure is not comfortable to ride, but it fits the bill of scratch-built interiro! :)

IMG_4-vi.jpg

Been working on the engine, but I've put a long day of work today. I'm getting a bit fried . . . and I don't want to get careless . . . my eyes are shot and my fingers are getting way too fat for this kind of detailing!!! :)

IMG_0005-vi.jpg

IMG_6-vi.jpg

I cut the exhaust pipes and then dipped them for a few seconds in etching solution to get them nice and grimy . . .

IMG_8-vi.jpg

dang all you need is some 1:1 scale rats for those rat rods

say now that i think about it i might be able to find some for you

Hmmm, i could use a rat or two, think ya could ship to sweden?

Looking good on theese two metal rats, the one with the roof kinda makes ya think of poison ivy..

Thanks for the comments, folks. I really appreciate it . . .

here's a bit more progress . . . every time I think I am getting done with these two rats, I get more ideas . . . so the progress continues . . .

Here are the detailed engines . . .

IMG_3-vi.jpg

The exhaust pipes came out nice, again aluminum tubing dropped for a few seconds in etching solution, then dropped in water over night to neutralize the chemical reaction . . . and then allowed to air dry . . . so what you see in this picture is the natural rusting of that process . . .

IMG_3-vi.jpg

IMG_6-vi.jpg

IMG_9-vi.jpg