Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Snot Rod 29' 12/22

My newest project is gonna be Lime Ice Testors one shot lacquer, so it's gonna be called the Snot Rod. All the shaded areas are getting removed. It's gonna have a big Mopar Hemi, crossrammed with 4 weber carbs. It'll be my first chop top, and my first hinged set of doors, so it's gonna be interesting.

221-vi.jpg

220-vi.jpg

219-vi.jpg

218-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

Sorry, didn't think about putting it in here guys. ;)

Thanks Pat.

Ya know, that would be really killer lookin, and different for an old rod. I might have to try that.

Thanks for the idea man.

I got everything cut up, and glued back together. Next I'll remove the kit's hinges, and smooth everything out for primer.

232-vi.jpg

231-vi.jpg

230-vi.jpg

229-vi.jpg

228-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Corey

Thanks Richard.

This is the first pre 64 car other than my SWC Willys, that I've built since I was 10 or 11.

I tried to build 2 different ones. A 32 and a 33 Ford. Both turned out horrible, and promptly got trashed.

So this is pretty much uncharted water for me. I've got some pretty solid ideas for it though.

I'm gonna scratchbuild the intake, and try to get as close as I can to this kind of design here.

crossram-vi.jpg

I think it will be cool.

Corey

hmm yes that def. a great idea :) COOL TO FOLLOW

i'm actually the other way r......... :P

i'm doing my best modeling with cars like this , the old models ..

tried a modern car a while back (a older japanese NISSAN LAUREL) .. super simple building if you ask me , only a few parts and not as much room for customising as the old timers ... but i just lost interest and found it boring :lol:

Thanks guys. You're probably gonna think I'm crazy, but the creative juices were flowing last night; so I just went with the flow.

Here's what I have so far. Still have alot of smoothing out to do, but the drivers side is pretty much roughed in.

IMG_0810-vi.jpg

IMG_0811-vi.jpg

IMG_0812-vi.jpg

IMG_0813-vi.jpg

IMG_0814-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Corey