Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

That Six Million Dollar Man kit has just about the strangest box art illustration I've ever seen! :blink:

Yea! Fundimensions were really competition for Arii's wierdness in those days!

Arii also had a couple black cross ( HItler's emblem ) kits, I know of a VW, but cant find any pics of it. Fodder for "what were they thinking". I'd love to have a lot of the kits posted for the, ummmm, uniqueness!

When I was a kid I had a ski-doo kit,maybe 1/12.I've never seen another one in person or on any forums

DSC07582.jpg

There are a few more early '70s snowmobile kits from Japanese manufacturers, too, which I've seen on eBay.

I have that

How cool would this be? Says 1/20 scale.

WINNEBAGOKIT01120thscale-vi.jpg

I have that Winnebago. They used to give them away at Winnebago dealers. It was made two different ways. The first being an all assembled promo type toy and the second being the "kit" which was the same thing, just disassembled. It has stickers for the stripes and is designed to be motorized.

I have a few in my stash. Here are some.

Fiat Abarth 131 with opening doors and clockwork motor

DSC03117.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

Life-Like Roman Chariot with no date to indicate age

DSC03119.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

And a Naval 24 Pounder Cannon with scale rope and chain. The nifty thing about this one is that it's in 1/24th scale!

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

Maybe not super obscure, but I didn't know there was a 1/16 Ford GT40 'til I saw this:

BandaiFordGT40.jpg

I have that Winnebago. They used to give them away at Winnebago dealers. It was made two different ways. The first being an all assembled promo type toy and the second being the "kit" which was the same thing, just disassembled. It has stickers for the stripes and is designed to be motorized.

nt005-vi.jpg

nt006-vi.jpg

These are getting scarce, will occasionally pop up on eBay...

Camaro Kammback and Firebird Kammback

SAM_4646.jpg

Also one by Lindberg...

Sport01.jpg

And the Spy Hunter 2 model kit by Motormax, nothing more than a metal kit of the Saleen S7 with Spy Hunter 2 badging, but cool nonetheless.

spyhunter2.jpg

Edited by Drake69

Saw one last night on Ebay. It's called the Moon Mixer. It's a weird little street rod with a space capsule shaped mixer. I looked it up to find pictures and found it's a variant of one of the kits I'm after: "Dr. Crooks Medicine Show". Check it out:

http://coffincorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=completed&action=print&thread=15982