Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 GTX "Panic Tang" Updated photos

DrKerry

Ok, I wasn't sure being that this is part of a community build on here if we could/should show these in the WIP zone.

Anyway, this started life as a 74 GTX Shirley Mouldowney funny car. The initial red part of the body was hacked by a good friend of mine that lost interest and I bought it. Since then it's taken on a few changes. 70 Cuda nose and hood, 74 Cuda funny car tail section and soon to be front fenders. Viper GTS chassis and drive train, 59 Impala dash board.

The nose

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

Crank driven blower

IMG_2048.jpg

Here's where it is now with Pantera wheels, it'll be a lot lower when done.

IMG_1984_zps5758ef13.jpg

IMG_1985_zps39989421.jpg

IMG_1986_zps745680af.jpg

IMG_1988_zps0489b65f.jpg

Front fenders going on it...

IMG_1989_zps1b0c074f.jpg

Edited by DrKerry

I don't know if this is allowed in the WIP zone either, but I'm glad you put it here. It's too hard to follow each build in a community build thread since each build is not identified in the relevant posts and the builds get all jumbled.

Sharp build - I'll be watching.

You might could save some front engine compartment room by mounting the blower case DIRECTLY to the front of the Crankshaft, instead of useing the forward pulley mounts on the blower. This would give you ALOT of extra room, and I personally, have never seen a front mounted blower installed in that manner.They usually are mounted directly to the FRONT of the engine block itself.

Thank you all for the comments. I worked on this about a year ago and started to lose interest, then the community build came up and I thought ding ding, here we go!!!!!

As for the mount for the blower, it's not done yet. Just sitting there for mock up. This is mostly how all the old school blowers were crank driven and kind of the look I'm going after...

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=crank+mounted+blowers&id=C44EB4C37C44AA69486BEC446353070AFB2D0B18&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=54F30C72EE3B16138E632A408C01E74A6FF78D93&selectedIndex=90

Ok, here is what I've been working on. Not much visually. Air scoops in rear quarter/window opening for rear brakes. Interior and chassis, went from snap together chassis to a glue kit unit. Building in fire wall right now. I will be re working the nose and eliminating the lower marker lights. Black lines on door are where new door lines will be.

IMG_1995_zps8ac54c4e.jpg

IMG_1996_zpsbb3ad00e.jpg

IMG_1997_zpsa7d034e4.jpg

IMG_1999_zpsb682158c.jpg

5b5f3572-9343-4629-929c-6dcce5bb700a_zps

And now my newest dilema, I want to have the car look low. I'm deciding if I should alter the body sides or put on side pipes. I don't think this will look right with the Viper pipes on it though. What do you all think???? They will be up a bit higher on the body.

IMG_2001_zpsbed1abf4.jpg

Edited by DrKerry

• 2 weeks later...