Model Cars Magazine Forum

Working on a new project and need some detail help

First off this is a stretch project for me. I don't normally build models of any vehicle that would be too large to fit in my garage. However for some reason this project really grabbed me so I'm gonna run with it.

I'm building a late 70's F-600 based on some resin parts acquired from a friend of mine. I'm building it up using the C-600 chassis and using the dumpbed from the AMT snowplow kit. It's coming along nicely and I'm wanting to add some additional details. Specifically I have a broom and shovel that I want to mount on the outside. I'm stumped as to how to do it and for the life of me I can't seem to find any pictures of how it's done on 1:1 trucks. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions on how this might be done?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken-

I've always seen shovels or brooms shoved handle-down behind the handrails that run along the sides of the dumpbed. I've also seen them stored this way behind grab handles on the cab rear. I suppose you could also rig some kind of securement along the chassis side as well, I've seen some implements carried this way, too.

Stuart