Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Jonathan,WOW you built that thing FAST! Looks great! Thanks for the info on the chassis.

Well,at some point I started wearing them all the time...but I can't remember if that was it or not,LOL..it may have been that day the co-driver wrecked me out in Utah in 2001 :lol:

I somehow doubt I'll get anything done to mine tonight...eyes are already a bit tired...but I'll definatly be getting on that Bullitt over the weekend. Also,I scored TWO NIB Bullitts off eBay this eve for $7.99 each plus $6.45 shipping (total). The dude has one more if anybody wants it (I figured I'd catch haites given how many I've bought in the last 60 days,regaurdless of pricing,LOL!).

Mike,looks GREAT! :D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Thanks, its OCD thing when it comes to models, once I start one I have to finish it, I am trying to take my time so I can get better looking models, but I look at it this way , I am the only that really has to look at them. Someday I would like to build show quality stuff.

I have been watching a few of the bullitt kits on eaby and I am going to get one, and I am also going to get the 10 shelby soon too.

So for now I am done with builds for this CB, I will be back soon, I have a few kits coming and need to finish my Ferrari. I will will still be in here, just not with a build for a short time. I need stay and make sure Olskool stays on top of his stang builds :lol:

I found another one listed that is going for $7 as bid, or $22 buy in now, but it has free shipping so I am going to try and get that one. It sucks because the actions for both end like 10 hours apart from each other. I want to get the one with free shipping, but I know my luck, and will lose out on it, and then I would of lost out on the other one as well :unsure:

Edited by martinfan5

Why did you buy more mustangs kits?, you have six for this build you can use, what are you going to do with two ? :P .

I will tell you what buddy, I am not going to start another build in here tell you finish one :D , I am only messing with, but I mean It about not starting another build though :lol:

Actually,there's 7 I have:

'06 GT

'06 Shelby GTH

'07 GT500

'08 Bullitt (1 in hand,2 more in route)

'09 (?) GT500KR

'10 GT

'10 GT500

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

(disregard that SN95 pic,LOL!)

Problem is,as slowly as I build,if you're waiting until I actually finish one to begin another....my good friend,you may get bored,LMBO! :P

Ya know what,I thinks I'm gonna log out a few and go piddle with it a bit. I'm just now getting the opportunity,as we had some family drop in unexpectedly (and though I tried to give the the hint by going online periodically,they stayed for hours...they weren't even wanting to spend any time with,just to watch a yet-unreleased DVD we have,LOL :rolleyes: ) If I get anything done,I'll post it tonight or tomorrow :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I have two Ferrari's and one Mercedes to build( merc isnt here yet, coming from Hong Kong, could be awhile), plus some other kits that I planning on buying. So I got a few to keep me busy while I am waiting on you. I am hoping some of the guys in this CB are still going to take part in here.

I am thinking of doing an stang police crusier, thinking unmarked or something, even though most departments dont use them for partol units any more. I did get passed by an unmarked stang one day, black, it wasnt highway patrol, so I have no idea what department out here is using it.

I am thinking of getting the 06 GTH as well, at this rate I am going to have every stang released since the 06 if I keep this up.

Edited by martinfan5

Well,if you want to get really jiggy wit it (Will Smith fan B) ),grab a couple more GTH kits,and see if you can find or print out decals,you can then make a Shelby GT (basically a GTH,not a Hertz version,5 speeds and called "Shelby GT") or a Califinia Special (these were white with blac striping and such),LOL! Sending you a PM with a question :)

Looks great,Rick! Here's a teaser of what mine will look like...

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

I discovered a problem though...there's no correct Bullitt grille in my Bullitt kit,only a standard GT grille with the cutouts for the fog-lights (which,ironically,aren't in the kit),though the instructions call out a part # AND have a correct grille pictured...idears? :huh:

Yep,it's there. I'd forgotten about that tutorial (had it saved andprinted in a binder in the old house...burned,I need to print another),thanks for reminding me :)

Engine is mostly painted and half assembled :D It looks like I'll be doing rear wheelwell surgery to ft those Pegasus's in there too.

Edited by Olskoolrodder

ARGH!!! I took the hood and scrubbed it with Bleache-White (as per instructions included,"use Bleache White" was all that was said),but apaprently you're supposed to soak it in the stuff a while before scrubbing it,as the primer I shot in 2 lite coats (Tamiya synthetic lacquer) gobbed up and bubbled like it was still coated in PAM to release from the molds. More work needed there,LOL! I guess now I strip it back off,and soak it a while,try again :wacko::rolleyes:

Did a little more on the engine-not enough to finish it,but Ionly got 15-20 minutes on it last night. More today :)

OK,here's a couple of hood shots (MAN I'm glad I used the wife's toothbrush instead of mine :P )...

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

Almost have the engine done. Question,the instructions are a bit vague,is this the correct placement for te oil fillir tube?

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

Got the base chassis spray done (this may not be accurate,but I'll go with what I know (read: I did it out of habit ;) ),detail painting to come...

IMG_3629.jpg

More comng... :)