Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

The body mold-lines need just a bit more smoothing,and I'll need to add a bit of putty around the wing holes (every 1:1 I've seen had standard,non-winged truck lids,no 'buttons' on any of em,so I'm no using them on this build...) and it'll be ready to spray the final coat of primer...

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

I'm hoping to get more done to it later tonight. More to come :)

Oh I know, sometimes kit instructions can be difficult then putting the model together.

I figured I would show the underside plate I did, I could of done it better but its something you wont see anyways, I need finish painting the one section

kr-3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

pics online seem to show the switch from grey primer to that tan/brown color in 2008-2009 from what i've seen. no idea why people keep painting the chassis gold.

I think because in a lot pics it looks gold , it does to me, so I think thats why. All the pics I have found myself it appears that the color looks gold-ish

Actually the filler tube goes in the hole not the spot ya have it in .... One thing I learned from years of changing oil ya have reference in front of ya a lot lol

The builds look good I need to get on top of mine and quick. Probably gonna end up with a Curbside KR too lol I wanna steal its engine for the Bird of Prey .....hehe

i've seen the pics too, to me it's not gold but maybe to everyone else it is. seems like everyone went gold bottomside nuts when Dave T. built that big scale Shelby and IMO it looks horrible. there has to be a better, more accurate color to use than bright honking gold.

I am sure there is, but intell we know what the color used on car is( maybe we already do), all I know is I have seen pics with both over spray/ painted chassis and with the gold ish/ copper-ish color on it. So really its quessing on what way to paint the chassis.

Oh well.

Sigh...crud...I'm gunna have to go down to Friendship Ford and crawl under one of the two GT's they have ('05 and an '08 I think),ain't I? :P I might just do that,but it won't be this week,supposed to keep getting the rain we got today. Thanks,Dave (and all of ya's) for the info :)

I got the remaining mold lines smoothed out on the body,and primer laid on for finishing tomorrow sometime...

IMG_3633.jpg

That's about all I'll do tonight,gotta get the kids up and out in a bit over 6 hours,and gunna do the eve's dishes before I crash (typical schedule for me,but usually later,LOL! I stay up late,get up early,and take a nice mid-day nap B) ).

Rick,look for a PM :) More to come.

I must say that wheels in the supra tires looks good, I wish had a few supra kits right now. The tires from revells custom silverardo also are a good fit for the stang wheels, you have to some trimming on the wheels to get them to fit.

Must be,I ain't seen it neither...

:lol: you have the kit

I must say that wheels in the supra tires looks good, I wish had a few supra kits right now. The tires from revells custom silverardo also are a good fit for the stang wheels, you have to some trimming on the wheels to get them to fit.

:lol: you have the kit

Not the one colored on the box art that was mentioned...

Dave,thanks for the tips on tires. I knew about the Supra tires and had bought a few of those kits on clearance at Magic Mart at the old place (NOT to bring the house fire up again,LOL),but most of em were lost to the heat from the house fire,I gots one set uneffected left though (and they're here ;) ). Didn't know the Eclipse tires would work or that they were staggered sizing on the '10s (haven't opened it and looked yet),I may have one of those NIB salvegable over there,I'll check now that I know :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

GT350's looking SO sweet,you have to finish it,i'd be a crime not to!

Jonathan,also (side scoops),I've both seen some on eBay,and I have a set-when I ordered that second resin hood I had poted a few pages back,there was a mold issue and it was held up while he corrected it,and for my having to wait an extra week,he sent a set of em'. I'll dig em out and post pics later,but if memory serves when I seen em,they were only like,$2-4 a pair.