Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police equipment

I have been searching for 1/24 or 1/25 castings of a police shotgun and castings of mid twentith century emergency lighting without any success. Do any of you know of a source got this type of thing?

The MPC-come-AMT "Roscoe's Patrol Car" (a 1977-1978 Dodge B-Body Monaco) kit has some nice firearms and lighting in its discreet packaging .

i cast a late 70's early 80's twin sonic light bar does that help?

Kevin: I'm pretty well set for that type of light bar. What I'm looking for is the type of lights that would have been used in the 30s-40s-50s. I appreciate the offer though.

Maybe this will work, I've bought his stuff before, pretty good...

www.CustomSquads.com

Jeff

Jeff: I think you hit the jackpot for me. I see a Remington 870 in his list of products. Thanks, I'll give him a try.

Miles: Appreciate the information, but a double barrel is not going to work for me. I need one that resembles the 870 as it is going in a modern Mustang patrol car and I need accuracy for the judges. Thanks anyway.

John,

MOST judges don't have a clue about accurate police equipment. Good luck anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the Gangbusters kits did not share the Guns, etc.

Though they may each have a Pisstol, they may be different between kits.

I have the AMT Connoisseur Classics issue of the 28 Lincoln Touring & 32 Chrysler Roadster/Cabriolet

as well as "Ma Barker's" Chrysler Pheaton, And Parts lots of the original Gangbuster Roadster with those parts.

The Chrysler's Do share the accessories, as they are basically the Same kit anyway.

The Lincoln has Different guns, figures, etc.

While the Chrysler's have the Safe, Suitcase with Cash & Briefcase with jewels,

The Lincoln (and likely Cabriolet/Roadster version too) has a Chrome Moonshine can/tank

clear Booze bottles with 2 wooden crates for them, Violin case, Knife (or 2) hand grenades, etc

The last issues of the Chevy did not include figures, guns etc. Just the Custom/Hot-Rod hop-up parts

The Dodge Monaco 4dr sedan issued as either the Gotham/Goon, Roscoe's Or TJ Hooker has the Same

guns and rack as the original Force 440 2dr that it is modified from.

I think those were also used in the "Squad-Rod" Nova and MAYBE the Convoy Chaser Duster/Dart kit

Though, I do nor remember guns in either of the 2 of that 'Convoy Chaser' I built Way back when.