Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trading Post–HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK!

Harry P.

I've had to move a ton of posts from this area to the "Wanted" section.

Pay attention here... I'll go slow:

"Trading Post" is the area for posting up items that you already have and are willing to trade.

"Wanted" is the area to post up requests for items that you do not already have, but want to obtain. Hence the "Wanted" title.

Get it? It's not that difficult, people! Come on... take a second or two and think about what it is you're posting, and where it's supposed to be posted. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Johnny

Also give some idea of what you want in trade for your stuff.

Specific kits if possible.

Or a "will trade for????" if you are open to anything or don't know. ;)

• 11 months later...

Just had an ongoing conversation with Michigan Madman, Chuck Most. He asked if I'd received his end of the trade and explained his policy is to never do anything with what he receives until the other party is happy with what they receive. Seems like a good way to ensure mutual satisfaction.

Mike

• Like 1

*Common Sense Guide to Modeling*

Rule # 1, in the common sense guide to Modeling, Make sure each member of the party trading, is happy, and or, Ok with there trade, and or have recevied there package,.

Rule #2 If not, said party my NEVER trade with first party again. and first party will be blackball.

Rule # 3 put traded model on shelve with others to be built.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If you are trading and offering something in exchange for something specific, don't change your mind or ask for more when it comes time to do the deal!!!!

And to the person who is asking for more due to ebay prices, don't trade on this board. It is in bad taste to pull a switch on what you want because it is not as much as what they are getting on ebay for it.

If you are trading and offering something in exchange for something specific, don't change your mind or ask for more when it comes time to do the deal!!!!

And to the person who is asking for more due to ebay prices, don't trade on this board. It is in bad taste to pull a switch on what you want because it is not as much as what they are getting on ebay for it.

And just because they are asking a $ on ebay doesn't mean they are getting it.

• 2 years later...

Quick question. I have a couple of boxes worth of old/vintage hot rod publications. Mostly from the 70s. Muscle Car annuals, engine guidebooks, stuff like that. Lots of the annuals or special publications from Petersons. I want to offer them for trade for kits. Is this kind of thing allowed here or does it all have to be models and parts? Just want clarification before I start taking pics and posting.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Just now, Bill Eh? said:

I have had a great trading experience with Matija Vasic (Power Plant). Great communication combined with a well packaged model for safe arrival from Croatia!

Yes he is a great person to trade with!!! Have made a few with him myself!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Didn't know there ever was a buying and selling page!

I guess it anyone now wants to buy and sell privately they can PM one another and exchange Email addresses and take it off forum altogether so it becomes a personal private thing between two parties?

A  number of years back there Gregg had created a separate page for buying and selling auction type page separate from this forum and the magazine. Unfortunately no one wanted to use it because there was not a lot on it. There was a call to post stuff but it didn't happen. Then the forum and magazine websites were hacked. Everything was down for a number of days. The buying and selling page was rebuilt but nobody wanted to use  it and it went away.

On 5/7/2023 at 1:47 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Didn't know there ever was a buying and selling page!

I guess it anyone now wants to buy and sell privately they can PM one another and exchange Email addresses and take it off forum altogether so it becomes a personal private thing between two parties?

Correct. If two people want to make their own arrangements and buy/sell through PM, then they are free to do so.