Model Cars Magazine Forum

another 69 Nova! Revised outdoor photos 3/14/09

Irvin Arter Jr.

I actually finished a model car! The Revell 69 Nova just falls together

airbrushed HOK white base with brandywine and candy apple red (no clear) I did not rub this out much so it has a small amount of orange peel.

69Nova25-vi.jpg

69Nova9-vi.jpg

I added a few details on the motor. I have a 350 LT1 with aluminum heads. Yenko photoetch logos on the valve covers.

Heater hoses,pre wired with plug wires,boots and brake lines.

69Nova19-vi.jpg

All the emblems are photetch

69Nova10-vi.jpg

69Nova13-vi.jpg

added aluminum exhaust tips

69Nova17-vi.jpg

Here is a little tip. If you paint your photoetch emblems flat black and sand the tops off you get a nice black shaddow behind your photoetch.

It adds depth to your photos and also if you check out the model in person it looks so much better that straight photoetch

69Nova21-vi.jpg

69Nova22-vi.jpg

to see more check out the link

69 Nova

enjoy!

Edited by Irvin Arter Jr.

Looks GOOD Irv! That's the way them little street bruisers looked all right. My 1st REAL car was a 69 Nova SS350, and it sat like yours, only I had Mickey Thompson Pro Traks on the rear,and it sat just a little higher. I actually had the cops pull me over to measure the bumper height! How anal was that? :P:lol::D

:P tHAT'S THE LOOK I WANT FOR MINE......THT'S THE RIGHT STANCE

THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DETAIL AND THE ENGINE THE CLASSIC 350.

MAN THANK YOU AND LIKE MARCOS SAID, I HAVE TO BUILD MINE SOON.

I PROBLABLY INSTEAD OF THE RED, WILL DO A BLACK AND INSTEAD OF THE

STOCK SEATS,TWO BUCKET SEATS......MAN... YOU GOT ME GOING

Nice Job! I think sometimes a little peel is just the right amount as a 1:1 restorer too clean,too smooth,too overdone=not realistic I've won 2 previous best original paint awards on two frame up cars?! The trick was to not over do the restoration or over finish the car. In our hobby though I like them all! AGAIN KUDOS! :lol:

Hey Irv

How was you able to get the front suspension to go so low?

The front suspension on this kit doesn't alone for to many options.

Ariel :angry:

Dude, You cant ask a magician his secrets! You just gotta appreciate "The Rake"!!

pssst.... if you get an answer let me know. That stance is just right.

Yes I did..........I cut the front tires on the top to drop it down........I know, I know don't go there.............HaHa

I can see where you need to do that to the tire. But as far as mounting point of the wheel to the front suspension.

When I mount my tire to the exiciting mount of the the wheel to the chasis it sits to high. Than after lowering the suspension I can see taking some of the top of the tire away. If you can see in this pic that the backing plate

is fixed in that position its not like kits in the past that you can just relocate the pin on the spindle. to lower the suspension.

i2500A1E4-0D26-4CFE-8507-62B95D56D775.jpg

I took the pic from len carsner's build