Model Cars Magazine Forum

The A-Bucket

Robert81

My Early 60's street racer. Looks like a Altered Wheel Base Model A roadster pickup.

Picture688.jpg

Picture687.jpg

Picture690.jpg

I used the engine, front wheels, front and rear axles from the Revell Ed "Big Daddy" Roth Outlaw Kit.

The chassis, body, bed, and grille came from the Revell 29 Model A pickup. there are many Parts box items thrown in for good measure.

I moved the cab back to fit the Caddy V8, Zed the frame behind the cab, bobbed the frame horns and mounted the Outlaw's coil spring frame section, moving the axle forward, and with the rear spring behind the axle moves the entire wheel base froward.

I shortened the bed, but didn't have time to putty the joint before paint. I'll go back and fix that at a later date.

I dug the "Pie Crust" slicks and Hallibrand rear wheels from my dad's old parts box. The seats came from the AMT old tool 57 Bel-air. The single hoop roll-bar is from the Revell old Stone Woods, & Cookie Willy's. I put a battery and a small moon tank in the bed.

I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Robert81

I see a boo boo on the windshield frame. Otherwise, you have two thumbs up from me. I think the concept is terrific! Nice colors too as well as a great power plant! By the way, you are not the only one to have problems with those windshield frames. I wont let you know who else has had one other then he just typed this!LOL.Thanks. Jody